Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clearwater Finglas

Options
  • 08-05-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Has anyone here have any problems with Tesco in Clearwater in Finglas or with any Tesco On-Line Shopping.

I have a few complaints re the Clearwater branch.

I do most of my shopping on line.

They invariably deliver the wrong items.
    Returning the wrong items - it takes ages to get a refund and again I end up having to chase after Tesco to get the monies owed to me. I suspect I'm not an isolated case so there are other people out there who either are waiting for a refund or don't bother. Tesco don't appear to have any problem in getting paid for the groceries but are extremely reluctant in paying refunds vouchers etc etc.

I'm tired emailing them because I end up getting replies from different people even though I send my emails to one email address. I've found out that there is about 5 people working off the same email address (in the Store Managers name). So if someone opens up an email and decides that not for them then it appears that nobody else deals with the problem.

I've asked the Store Manager for the name of someone to make my complaints to and that has been ignored.

Any help that you may have please feel free to pass on to me.

Is there any Government Body that I can get in touch with ???. Is there anyone in Tesco HQ who will take some notice of my complaints ???

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I have always wondered was the online shopping any good.

Do they deliver when you are there? If yes, then I would demand that the delivery person wait while I go through the goods before signing for them then do not sign until they are correct (that is, I presume you have to sign for them). I'm sure you have a copy of the items you ordered which you can print out and use as a checklist. Probably wouldn't take that long to go through (although I don't know how much you order). Not sure how the whole system works though.

Also do they have t&c whereby if the item you want is not in stock that they give you a comparable product or do they just leave the product out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55818734&postcount=145

i know superquinn have that option for not accepting a similar item

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehamok

Yes I do check the items - which is also essential because they also have a habit of delivering items out of date on the day you receive them.

Depending on the Driver but you don't have any hassle with checking the items. They provide a list. Having said that we did get a delivery where the Driver said his copy was blown out the window of the van - I didn't believe him.

Signing is another problem - yes they do require a signature but some Drivers don't ask.

They have introduced a hand held computer type thing where they ask you to sign. They also log returns or vouchers etc. This is supposed to ensure that you only get charged for the items you are left with and vouchers etc are deducted before they submit their request to the credit card company.
    Unfortunately in my last shopping that method of payment was carried out hence my complaint.

I've had many problems with them but I'm running out of patience with them and so I'm looking to find out what Government Dept can I bring my complaint to and get them to deal with Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I tried Tesco on line shopping in Tralee awhile back -- it was a total disaster, wrong items, damaged items and items that were very nearly out of dates. And like you O.P. I complained via email but no satisfaction.
    I have since turned 100% in my shopping habits, I go to whatever supermarket takes my fancy on the day, I also go to the butcher and greengrocer for much better quality and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Home deliveries from Tesco ClareHall are not too bad.
    But without fail: Eggs will always arrive broken!
    I think all the stores have yet to crack the home delivery approach. I have not found any store yet that has it 100%.

• Advertisement

Rashers72 wrote: »
    I have not found any store yet that has it 100%.

would you try buy4now instead? I haven't used them myself but haven't heard much bad about them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've used online shopping for Tesco and also for Superquinn.

Well ... I could give a tale of woes, but I won't.

Tesco - never ever again (gave them a few tries).
    Superquinn - very reliable and responsive.

My first experience of Tesco - meat was gone off (already blue). Fruit was well soft. Took ages to get a proper response or refund. So, I didn't use them again for a number of months. Then tried them again because I wanted good that weekend and Superquinn slots were used up. Again, wrong items, items missing but listed as delivered ...

Anyway ... never ever again would I use them again.

Just my experience though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

thehamok wrote: »
    I've had many problems with them but I'm running out of patience with them and so I'm looking to find out what Government Dept can I bring my complaint to and get them to deal with Tescos.

Why not try dealing with the head office before you go any further ? You haven't exhausted all your options with Tesco and you'll probably be told to do so by the NCA before it goes any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've not used Tesco myself, but i used to live with a guy that used them and it seemed OK (at least he never complained)

I've used Superquinn myself and found the service fantastic (they phoned ahead to ask if i wanted replacement items for a few things which were out of stock, delivered bang on time, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 one_two

I've not used online shopping for Tesco because my experience with Tesco is awful. Out of dates products on shelfs, wrong prices.. I tried to complain about hardly baked cake 2 years ago and even didn't receive a reply!
    Never ever again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I was ordering from Clare Hall and have to say the service is fine in terms of when it was delivered but there are other gripes !

1 - Missing items

2- Giving them a voucher for free delivery or ANY type of tesco clubcard voucher which are supposed to be taken off your bill but since they have already debited your laser/credit card they arent,so you have to chase them up, this is not the way its supposed to work!

3 - Incorrect items, they have a habit of going for similar items, if you dont have what I asked for then dont deliver it!

TBH, number 2 pi**es me off the most and I stopped using the service because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I used Tesco online shopping a couple of times, it was always a disaster. Wrong items, items substituted even when I asked for them not to be etc.. I gave in on it totally when my shopping was delivered by a taxi driver.

Sizzler wrote: »
    3 - Incorrect items, they have a habit of going for similar items, if you dont have what I asked for then dont deliver it!

TBH, number 2 pi**es me off the most and I stopped using the service because of that.

This is where the superquinn has the "Do not Substitute" option. Its a tick box on the screen which leaves a note for the picker. i think you can edit the note, so if they have denny ham, you can say get shaws only etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Having used Superquinn online and Tesco online, I'd have to concur with the other posters here. From Tesco most of the items had really really poor best before dates (the milk was gone off the following day, the fresh fruit- despite being within date had fungus growing from it, a 6 pack of crips were squashed flat and most of the bags burst, apples badly bruised and not braemore, eggs broken, kilo bag of sugar not sealed and spilt etc- just about anything that could go wrong went wrong). Superquinn on the other hand rang me an hour in advance of the delivery to make sure I was at home. The chilled goods were properly treated, nothing was crushed and everything was edible, which while it doesn't sound like very high standards- was a relief following my Tesco experiences......

When I had a minor problem with an item- it was immediately refunded and they also gave us a present of a cake when we were next there by way of apology.

Superquinn are incredibly expensive- but when you include the human factor, the shopping experience and the whole ease of dealing with them- its worth it. For Tesco, I'll happily keep away for everything (other than diesel :) )

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehamok

Sizzler,

You item 2. above is my main gripe with Tescos.

I'm forever having to beg for my refunds etc.

I've spoken to the Clearwater Store Manager on April 28th. re this problem where I was due 31 Euros in refunds etc.

We had a long discussion re all my problems with Tescos Home Delivery he said he would send me a voucher fr €50.00 to cover the €31.00.
    I'm still waiting for the €50.00.

On top of that I'm due €21.00 from my shopping on May 4th. despite the fact that the new handheld machine was used and the total amount of my shopping was duly taken from my bank account.

Someone here said I should contact the Head Office before I go any further ---- I tried that a year or so ago and all they did was pass on my complaint to Clearwater so I was back to square one again.

I'm not giving in just yet - just biding my time and then I'll give them a lash again.

Advertisement