Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí in red?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ok fair enough i hear what your saying about the garda review havent seen it yet.

Anout the .38 i was on about actual regular units not ddu which have armed people patrolling. not dublin, further south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

yayamark wrote: »
    ok fair enough i hear what your saying about the garda review havent seen it yet.

Anout the .38 i was on about actual regular units not ddu which have armed people patrolling. not dublin, further south.

Not sure I follow what your saying about regular units, are you saying that regular uniform members carry .38s? I presume they are put in plain clothes for this or am I missing the point completely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

I said I wasn't going to play this game anymore and I lasted a whole week:eek:

Yayamark has been very hard done by, his posts are accurate and he has been the victim of cyberbullying (saw it on prime time:)).

He is being asked to provide evidence to back up his posts by someone who is backing up theirs by providing links to the peoples republic of cork forum:eek:

Its quite hard to discuss a subject like this and provide proof that your posts are accurate. Most of the posters here are Gardai and if any were in FTU, SDU, ERU etc.. I'm sure they are not going to come out of the closet.

As regards the photo I provided a link to in post #30, I can't prove thats an ERU member with a HK MP7 wearing a Garda windbreaker (Raid jacket), but I do know it is.
    I also know they will on occassion allow photograhers to take staged pics.

For Example:

Photographs and news footage taken from behind.

The photo I linked is from the neck to the waist displaying the firearm.

The press can take photographs of ERU if they are able to get the shot and print what they like there are no legal restrictions.
    The lads get around this by allowing them to take staged photos and the photographers are happy and agree to leave out the faces or take them from angles where the identity cannot be established. Its a compromise.

CLADA wrote: »
    I said I wasn't going to play this game anymore and I lasted a whole week:eek:

Yayamark has been very hard done by, his posts are accurate and he has been the victim of cyberbullying (saw it on prime time:)).

He is being asked to provide evidence to back up his posts by someone who is backing up theirs by providing links to the peoples republic of cork forum:eek:

Its quite hard to discuss a subject like this and provide proof that your posts are accurate. Most of the posters here are Gardai and if any were in FTU, SDU, ERU etc.. I'm sure they are not going to come out of the closet.

As regards the photo I provided a link to in post #30, I can't prove thats an ERU member with a HK MP7 wearing a Garda windbreaker (Raid jacket), but I do know it is.
    I also know they will on occassion allow photograhers to take staged pics.

For Example:

Photographs and news footage taken from behind.

The photo I linked is from the neck to the waist displaying the firearm.

The press can take photographs of ERU if they are able to get the shot and print what they like there are no legal restrictions.
    The lads get around this by allowing them to take staged photos and the photographers are happy and agree to leave out the faces or take them from angles where the identity cannot be established. Its a compromise.

awh thank u sir!

Fine Clara, would you like to comment on the Garda review article? And I did state that the links were weak and out of date so I dont think your really proving anything by stating where they lead to however A, they relate to the Sig only and B, its more than anyone else is providing.

I see your point about what you know or dont however I could easily say the same about who is getting trained in MP7 but have tried my level best to provide proof to support my views.

And I fail to see how asking someone to provide proof is bullying whereas ganging up is just mean!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

I'm not talking to you anymore until you spell my username correctly.
    How would you like it if I called you Karlitosgay:D

CLADA wrote: »
    I'm not talking to you anymore until you spell my username correctly.
    How would you like it if I called you Karlitosgay:D

Depends, is it a typo or are you making suggestions about me? Not that theres anything wrong with that, no no nothing at all, its fine...... :p

Well anyway, maybe we better just put this too bed and forget about it. Im kinda fed up going backwards and forwards.

Depends, is it a typo or are you making suggestions about me? Not that theres anything wrong with that, no no nothing at all, its fine...... :p

Well anyway, maybe we better just put this too bed and forget about it. Im kinda fed up going backwards and forwards.

yes i agree.

all in the one job no point arging amongst ourselves.

Goodnight.

~~~~~Mod. Please lock thread its gone as far as it will go~~~~~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I tend to agree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement