Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca-Cola Blastbeat advert crashing my browser

Options
  • 08-05-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

The Coka-Cola Blastbeat advert is playin fúck, its coming through from the next tab & its crashing my browser when I've a few tabs open. The dropdowns for Region, Sci and tech are hidden behind it also when i hover on them. I'm running Ubuntu Hardy & using Firefox 3 Beta 5. Its making my browsing painful.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Haven't had any issues on Hardy myself. Clear your cache?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sherifu wrote: »
    Haven't had any issues on Hardy myself. Clear your cache?

Tried that, its definitely the ad, my laptops got 512Mb ram and usually copes with 5/6 tabs without a problem. Problem goes away when i enable Adblock plus and block it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is this the only place you have experienced it, or do other Flash based sites also crash on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The new browser maybe?

Is this the only place you have experienced it, or do other Flash based sites also crash on you?

Ya, laptop used to struggle sometimes with flash with Gutsy & firefox 2, got the very odd crash, but its the first time I've experienced it with a fresh install Ubuntu hardy & firefox 3 beta. Its crashing every time i open boards with more than 3/4 tabs now unless i disable ads, and never with any other add like Komplett, Assasins Creed etc. Its definitely this ad.

• Advertisement

SofaK wrote: »
    The new browser maybe?

Which one? I'm using Ubuntu BTW. Would need to be able to import my bookmarks from firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Which one? I'm using Ubuntu BTW. Would need to be able to import my bookmarks from firefox

I think he means it could be the beta thats giving problems. Ive had similar problems with this beta too m8, Its crashed on a few sites on me. Im wiping it untill its stable.

Its the ad, Assasins creed or komplett ad doesn't crash it even with 10 boards.ie tabs open. Firefox 3 Beta 5 has not been giving me any problems, runnin it on vista as well without a problem

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I haven't had a problem with beta 5 yet (the assasins creed ad was appearing in from of any drop downs but it never crashed because of it). I think I seen the blast beat ad the other day and it cause me no problems.

Edit: Just seen the blast beat ad there, no problems whatsoever with it. Drop down menus appeared over it as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I haven't had a problem with beta 5 yet (the assasins creed ad was appearing in from of any drop downs but it never crashed because of it). I think I seen the blast beat ad the other day and it cause me no problems.

Edit: Just seen the blast beat ad there, no problems whatsoever with it. Drop down menus appeared over it as well.

Same. Windows user tho.

• Advertisement

Can someone else on Ubuntu Hardy & using Firefox 3 beta 5 try this with a few boards.ie tabs open.

Advertisement