Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the council take away bikes...

Options
  • 08-05-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I had my bike locked to a pole down in Sáilín for the last few days, it was there last night and it's gone today.

In the event it got robbed it's a blue Trek 3500 if anyone comes across it.

I was just wondering though, do the council take bikes away that look to be abandoned or anything? I'm asking because it's bin day so there's a load of rubbish where my bike used to be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I dont think they take them away as there are some fairly crappy bikes in terrible conditions locked up all around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

They do thke them sometimes if its locked onto posts or railings or if their in the way. Sometimes you will see them around town with a van and con-saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Go to the cop house at Millstreet, may very well have ended up there. I know they auction off bikes that are found and not claimed. Its not too uncommon for people to take/steal bikes when drunk to get home and then abandon them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Yeah twas locked though, and the fact that the lock wasn't still there makes me think it was the sioch. Probably try to charge me to get it back too the bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

grasshopa wrote: »
    Yeah twas locked though, and the fact that the lock wasn't still there makes me think it was the sioch. Probably try to charge me to get it back too the bastards

what kinda lock was it though? most bike locks are crap and can be easily opened with a bang to the right spot.

a Treks a bad bike to lose. sorry to hear man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Someone said when I first got it that I must have spent about a grand on the bike and about 99c on the lock :p Gammy lock alright, thought it would do as a deterrent.

Advertisement