Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staff at the M50 Toll plaza.

• 08-05-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

just wondering - what will happen to the staff at the M50 toll plaza once the barriers are lifted? Redundancies? Redeployed?

And who will have to pay for whatever will happen?

That's right - you, me, and every other fool who uses the blasted road.

Or am I just mad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NTR have €400m to pay them redundancy.

Alternatively, they might have some rights to transfer if the new operation can be deemed to be a continuation of the existing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I presume they'll need some staff to administer the new system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

NTR are a private company ( a type of plc) the toll booth staff at the westlink work for them.
    they may be made redundant, they may be offered other work in ntr.
    If they are made redundant when the state buys the ridge from NTR, then just like any other citizen, they would be entitled to their statutory redundancy and the various tax credits that are given to workers who receive a payment in addition to their statutory redundancy.

The state has appointed several different companies to collect the tolls when the barriers are removed. none of which as far as I'm aware, are connected to NTR, so booth staff will be unlikely to be involved in the new arrangements.

Every fool who chooses to use the M50 between the N3 ad N4 will be charged an increased price of EUR2 excluding VAT, unlike the EUR1.65 excluding VAT if they have a tag, while occasional users could be charged EUR3 excluding VAT. This is an increase of 81%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just to clarify, its 'excluding VAT' of 0%, before someone assumes that makes it €2.42! Screws over commercial users I presume....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭mackerski

NTR are a private company ( a type of plc)

PLC: Public Limited Company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As I understand it, they are an unlisted PLC. That means you can buy the shares, but not on the stock market.

Advertisement