Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats

Options
  • 08-05-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey, im currently repeating the leaving cert, I have passed all my subject last year, but was a few points off my course.

I am now taking 6 subjects, 2 of which i have just taken up at the start of this year. However at the moment i seem to be border lineing failing one of the subjects, i dont need it for points, as my other 5 im very confident with. However i have just read that for me to get into a university, i need a requirement of 2 higher level honours and 4 ordianry passes, now, if i fail this subject in June, it wil make me not fill the requiremtn, but however since im repeating, havent i already filled it last year?

I can not find my answer anyways, and im just woundering, if i fail this subject, do i not fill the requirements for the course?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You said you're borderline failing...

Throwing away 45 points if you drop it so, aren't you?

And yeah you fill the requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vanyd

So my grades last year fill the requirements and carry on this year? I'm not gonna drop the subject. Gonna try and get the d3. But I was worried that if I failed it. My subjects last year dont contribute in the requirements for university this year as they require 6 subjects and I failed 1 subject this year ect if you know what I'm saying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ask your career guidance councellor. they'll know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think that only works for the subject you dropped last year...couldn't be a 100% sure though! why in the name of the Good Lord did you take up two new subjects this year?

Advertisement