Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

<€3k car

Options
  • 08-05-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a car up to €3k for me siss. She's pretty tall and she'll have long miles to do at times so she's not interested in fiestas, corsas etc. etc. (listening to me for too long, aswell:D:D:D). Engine size is unimportant within reason.

Value for money is paramount, not impossible to shift later and will ideally be worth something in 2 years time. Economical, reliable yadda yadda, she has piles of photography gear so she could do with some space for that but she'll consider coupes, hatches, estates etc etc. She could do with something respectable for her business (I'm thinking of a petrol S40 estate if she could swing it).

(My advice to her would be to spend just €1k-€2k. Anyone agree??)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

suggestions:

730164_20070628050602_1.jpg

893411_20080310080304_1.jpg

both are 2 litre, so not too bad tax or fuel wise ..the beemer should be 1500 once VRT is paid, the merc is advertised for just under 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

'00 Megane Coupe with 79k?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Peugeot 306 1.4 or even an older (97-99) d turbo 306, insurance pretty cheap and the 1.9 XUD engine is fairly set to go for high millage.

Eg, 1.4, half leather interior, factory body kit, ABS.
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/306/1.4-MERIDIAN/1015948/

Or a 2.0 HDI ( Turbo Diesel ) 306 estate, if she needs the room. Its got high millage, but there are more availible.
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/306/2.0-HDI/989747/

Or like the one I have for sale in my signature, no problems at all with the 306,cool car for the money when they are looked after and with half leather it is nice.

I'm selling mine because I'm after a 2.0HDI 306 or a Dturbo 306.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I'm selling a Skoda Fabia for my girlfriend at the minute, it's up on ebay with no reserve, but if you're interested in making an offer go ahead!

<Snip>

Full service history too, and recent service last September. Any questions, feel free to get back to me.

MOD-EDIT: AD REMOVED, NO SALES HERE, PLEASE USE ADVERTS.IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks guys. I fancy that W124. I reckon a hot estate might float her boat. 9-5 or something like that. She told me she saw a nice Prelude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

bazz26 wrote: »
    Nice car, but not with that engine though since it's the Mitsubishi GDI one(now OP if your sis doesn't mind the idea of having to pay for injectors, a de-coke and something else I've forgotten when the emissions go arseways then that's fine, but I seriously doubt she does) and also the seller has had the car in this country since last November but has not yet paid VRT.

I have that car as a saloon(as well as the E34) which means I have the S40 with an identical engine and that engine is exceedingly frugal although tepid but also sounds like an engine type noted for fugality and tepidity(diesel) especially when cold(in fairness when you're inside one it sounds like your standard 4 pot petrol but outside it nearly sounds like a paraffin stove when it starts into life on a cold morning) and all those engines all go tappety in the end like all Mitsubishi engines do.

S40s are lovely cars though, very much outsiders' choice but a very good one all the same as long as you avoid that engine(and the Renault sourced diesel unless you have neighbours you hate and want to p!ss them off every morning with all the clatter that comes as standard), and DON'T go for ones with 16" wheels(they destroy ride quality, which I quite frankly don't see what the big deal is when they're on 15" wheels).

Advertisement