Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Cat5 Adapters

Options
  • 08-05-2008 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Not to sure if this type of thing exists but hopefully it does.
    Basically i'm looking for for wireless Cat5 Adapters, Do they exist?

It's not a network based connection such as a IP or Internet connection, Instead its ISDN Data connection.

The setup generally is:

- An eircom ISDN Plug'n'Play unit at one end of the building.
    - A device that needs to connected VIA Cat5 at the other end of the building.

I move to different sites and buildings everyday and so constantly running Cat5 cables through ceilings can be annoying, and since each connection is only needed for a day or so I thought wireless would be an easier option.

The other option is the same time of setup only moving the ISDN unit itselfs and using a wireless RJ11 connection if such exists too....

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need a wireless bridge, it's not possible to simply wirelessly repeat a wired signal, they use different data link layer protocols.

Advertisement