Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Pay as you go Broadband

Options
  • 08-05-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I have just purchased a Three Sim card from their shop in Galway. I want to use it for mobile Broadband (calling it broadband is a joke) but anyway.

I was with Three when they first came to the market with their contract offer of 3000Mb per month. I was pretty much the first person to complain about their lack of customer service on these boards.

Anyway as a result of being with them I still have the E630 data card. I thought and was informed by the staff in Galway that I could use the PAYG sim in said Data card and I could buy the data Add-On via three.ie. Turns out when I log on to three.ie it says

"Internet Access has been blocked for this account and is required for the Internet Add-ons.
    To change Internet Access settings please ring services on 333."

Of course not having a Three handset I called 0833333333, knowing what I was letting myself in for, I had forgotten just how stupid they are in that call centre. Thats another story.

Can anyone advise me on what I need to do to get this sim working, or is it a case of me having to buy a Three PayAsYouGo Broadband package for the €150 or whatever it is and then ditching the modem and using my datacard? I dont want the little dongle thing and I dont want the USB stick, I would like to use my data card.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Did you buy a top-up voucher (same as the voice one) and then try to activate it via the link onhttp://my3.three.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i think you need to be set-up to use the sim card for data and this may not have been done when you bought it? or try buying the voucher and topping up via the website?

you can also ring them using 1800944034

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Got it sorted, I rang 0833333333333333333333 and they were useless, told me totally wrong info.

Anyway rang the shop in Galway today, they were really helpful.

The sim needs to be age verified to use it for internet access, once that was done it worked fine.

I just topped up and added the 10Gb add on, will be using it all this coming week in the UK. It will be interesting to see how crippled the network is or is not there.

Advertisement