Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Probation period after passing test?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently applied to do my driving test and got a date today, the 26th of June with SGS in Deansgrange. I am currently based in the UK until the first week of July so it would suit me better to attempt to re-arrange this test for a later date (I wasn't expecting to be called so soon!)

However many of my friends and family have been telling me that there will be a new probation period for newly licenced drivers and that this will come into effect from the 30th June. I have been looking online and can't seem to find any information on it apart from an RSA report which mentioned it might be introduced some time in the future. As far as I am aware the only changes coming into effect in June are those affecting people driving unaccompanied on provisional licences. Is this correct?

Obviously I would try and take the test on the 26th if meant avoid being put on probation but it would be far more convenient for me to take it at a later date. Can anyone advise me as to whats happening with the law and any changes that might be coming into effect?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The probation period is a proposal which may be introduced sometime in the future but not in the immediate future.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

Thats what I thought. Cool, thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

probation period.. god damn it how much harder do they need to make it?

Advertisement