Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Rd. "Pedestrians cross here"

Options
  • 08-05-2008 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Yes, of course this is technically Lmk County.

It is really pissing me off that since February 2008 they have been working on the footpaths along the Dublin Road from Groody Roundabout outwards. Now, this in itself isn't a problem.

But I'm seriously pissed off at signs saying "Footpath closed. Pedestrians cross here". It's the fecking main Dublin road!! How can it be official policy to send pedestrians across a main intercity road without a pedestrian crossing?? (I'm expecting a temporary pedestrian light crossing). :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kram_araman

That whole Groody Roundabout area is a deathtrap for pedestrians. Someone is going to be killed there if something is not done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i was just saying this the other day when i was driving home, at one stage, they had the footpath on both sides blocked outside the hurlers!!!! ridiculous. surely there could be a path blocked off alongside the works, the road is wide enough for it. also, why arent they taking away the bollards at night?! i dont know HOW many times ive gotten stuck behind a bus for over a minute while it stopped at the bus-stop opposite the hurlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The should be several pedestrian lights on that stretch of the Dublin road. No point waiting for someone to get killed to bring them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

So why is it that we continue to have cockups like the groody roundabout, the Tipperary Rd flyover, etc... My theory is that the architects of these dangerous areas are not held accountable if an incident occurs. AFAIK in other EU countries the architect or engineer can be held accountable for the death of a person if it is deemed that they contributed to the incident by their work.

I find it hilarious in this country that no-one is ever held responsible for monumental cockups in our infrastructure and government. "Aaaah sure isnt it grand"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Xennon wrote: »
    So why is it that we continue to have cockups like the groody roundabout, the Tipperary Rd flyover, etc... My theory is that the architects of these dangerous areas are not held accountable if an incident occurs. AFAIK in other EU countries the architect or engineer can be held accountable for the death of a person if it is deemed that they contributed to the incident by their work.

I find it hilarious in this country that no-one is ever held responsible for monumental cockups in our infrastructure and government. "Aaaah sure isnt it grand"

It gets even better. You know the way the lights on the Plassey Road are both on the left one behind the other??

It's becasue, and I quote "because the company that won the tender is English and that's the British standard"

How the fuck does it make sense not to have a light on the opposite side of the junction for the first car to see:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭simon333

ninty9er wrote: »
    It gets even better. You know the way the lights on the Plassey Road are both on the left one behind the other??

It's becasue, and I quote "because the company that won the tender is English and that's the British standard"

How the fuck does it make sense not to have a light on the opposite side of the junction for the first car to see:mad:

That really sets my blood boiling. How can they even accept that "it's a British standard" answer, let alone give it out. There must have been a plan drawn down showing where to put the frigging traffic lights.

And don't get me started on the lack of logic with the design of the cycle paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

drove oalong today and took video it was so bad. from the lights at the golf links road heading out of town u have to cross the road 4 times to avoid the path works, and outside the hurlers they have wet concrete poured on BOTH sides, with no path for pedestrians. i saw a few women pushing prams being forced to step out onto the road for 50 yards. ridiculous.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

simon333 wrote: »
    And don't get me started on the lack of logic with the design of the cycle paths.

But that's always the craziest part of the road! :D(cyclepath/psycopath, geddit?!)

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit...

/runs away

Advertisement