Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opportunity to have your children's portraits taken - for free

Options
  • 08-05-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Dear Sligo Boardsies,

I'm a photographer looking to expand my porfolio into children's portraits, with the aim of eventually charging exorbitant sums of money for this service :D

But for now, I'll be doing it for free, prints at cost.

I've already done one photoshoot with Roisin, sueme's beautiful daughter, which can be found here, to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

2476995606_29c4900188.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Take up the offer! Shes brilliant!

My daughter officially loves Xiney after meeting her. She said "Xiney knows everything". High praise from my girl!

We had a great day, and Roisin really enjoyed it, Xiney has a great way with children.

And I got loads of lovely potraits for FREE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Sounds great,I didn't know you were a photographer Xiney!

If I had any children I would be on the phone to you right now but I'm still a young one myself so it will be about another 10years before I have any(well not I,but my partner),those pictures are lovely.

Infact i think I might just get my friends child and you can take photo's of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Oh yeah! If you have any friends/family that have kids and you think they might be interested definitely pass on my details, it's not just open to Sligo Boardsies :)

thanks Bobcar!!

No problem,is there an age limit to the age of kids you will take photos of.Does the child have to be old enough to be able to co-operate with you?

I ask because my work colleague who is the same age as me(19)just had a baby and the christening will be coming up soon and I thought it might be a nice present and a memory for the mum

Would love to do some infant photos. I have a rather spiffy macro lens so I can get all the details, the tiny fingernails and toes etc. Would be really cute, I'd say. Also, might be able to make the Christening itself.

Also would be open to take portraits of anyone, any age - say for example you'd like to get some photos of yourself and your partner as a couple, I could do those as well. Might be nice for you two to have :)

• Advertisement

That would be lovely,looking back at them in about 10 years with my wife when we should be married by then and hopefully have a child or two would bring so many memories back.
    Do you do this as just a part-time hobby Xiney?

It is just a hobby at present - busy being a slave for the minimum wage otherwise (though I love my job so it's not a problem)

Still. Would like to eventually start making some money with it - who knows where it might lead?

Who knows is right,you could be the most famous photographer that ever lived.

Don't ya just hate working for minimum wage,I'm the same but I don't plan on staying on it,bring on my dregree from college and then money hopefully.

Where are your prefered places for taking photos,I see you took the pictures of Sueme's daughter on Rosses Point beach in the sunny weather.Is it easier to do it indoors or outdoors.

I prefer to take photos outdoors for various reasons, mainly because I like nature a lot. I started out interested in landscapes - which is why I visited Ireland in 2004.... and how I met Mr. Xiney. Awwww.

Additionally, indoor photos generally require about a grand's worth of lighting equipment to get anything worth looking at. Eventually I'll get there but I haven't got there yet.

I actually already have a BSc in Biology from Canada's top rated University - so working for minimum wage is a bit of a downer, especially as I was making nearly double minimum wage WHILE in college there. But I've always been an optimist and I really DO enjoy my job (I'm not flipping burgers at least) so I'll look at the bright side and try not to think about the money so much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Xiney, can you pm me your e-mail address? I'm sure my sister would like to get some pics taken but she isn't a boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Great idea Xiney, I hope you get loads of business.
    The photos of Roisin are gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fantastic photos on show there Xiney.

Best of luck in this endeavour.

Put a thread in the Photography forum maybe too (if there's not one there already)..

I considered the photography forum, but they seemed a closed set the last time I posted.

Also, due to my non-driving status, this has to remain quite local for the time being :)

Xiney may have created the photos - but I CREATED THE CHILD!!

I'm taking all the compliments she's getting as personal commendations of my breeding skills. So thank you. Thank you all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Looks like Val finally has some competition!

Fight fight fight!

Here thats not a bad idea Gillie... If we get them competing we could all get loads of lovely photos...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sueme wrote: »
    Xiney may have created the photos - but I CREATED THE CHILD!!

I'm taking all the compliments she's getting as personal commendations of my breeding skills. So thank you. Thank you all. :D
    I dunno.

I think she takes her good looks from her father* :p

*unless you want to post a pic and proves us wrong
    ;)

Ok then....

emma_peel.jpg

C'est moi.... 50 years ago

Thank God you copied the right photo and not the other one from feedback :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Gillie wrote: »
    Looks like Val finally has some competition!

Fight fight fight!

Oh no I'm never getting into photography as a job, its just for fun for me.

I wish Xiney all the best.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Thanks Xiney. May just take you up on that. Perhaps Tulipandthistle too? :)

Thanks Tuppence - I'd be delighted :)

Would you take my pic?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Someone on the internet wants to take pictures of children. :eek: :pac:

muffler, I would but putting them up on my flickr might break the internet.

cushion, LOL

Xiney wrote: »
    muffler, I would but putting them up on my flickr might break the internet.
    Yeah, I understand. The servers would explode from the sheer volume of traffic ;)

much like a car crash, people wouldn't be able to help look.

(see: twogirlsonecup, tubgirl, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

WARNING ALL..

For the love of humanity, don't google either of Xiney's two final terms.

Also beware googling lemon party too!

don't forget meatspin and salsa snack... definitely do not google those either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

much like a car crash, people wouldn't be able to help look.

(see: twogirlsonecup, tubgirl, etc)
    basquille wrote: »
    WARNING ALL..

For the love of humanity, don't google either of Xiney's two final terms.

Also beware googling lemon party too!

<shudders>

for the love of god, dont even encourage it

<although fails to see what this has todo with Xineys venture :D>
    don't forget meatspin and salsa snack... definitely do not google those either.

not familar with these two

:confused:

<tempted>

ps, good luck Xiney

Advertisement