Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17HMR for .177 Air Rifle

Options
  • 08-05-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a Marlin .17HMR for sale and wanted to know weather it would be possable to get a vareation on my .17HMR Rifle license for a .177 air rifle without having to apply again air rifle.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

shot19 wrote: »
    I have a Marlin .17HMR for sale and wanted to know weather it would be possable to get a vareation on my .17HMR Rifle license for a .177 air rifle without having to apply again air rifle.

According to the Firearms Act, 1964, Section 11 you shouldn't need to re-apply since the fee for the license for the .177 air rifle does not exceed the fee for the .17HMR.

Sometimes you have to reapply when the calibre/energy of the rifle is upgraded but since you're moving down in power from .17HMR to .177 air rifle you should be fine.

Advertisement