Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears Of War 2 What Do You Expect?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I think the story will involve blowing up the Hive of the locust, and you will encounter the queen as a boss, i think that Dominic Santiago will die very dramatically and this will be a big upset to Marcus and will only add fuel to his fire! The graphics are going to be better as illustrated by that geeky guy At the 2008 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, I loved his voice!

What i want to be fixed, is the many glitches in the game, such as the active shotgun were the player reloads and switches gun and somehow manages to get actives all the time? So they have advantages over everyone...:(

I think they should somehow change the active reloads altogether, i mean like people just get snipers and hold actives in the chamber and then BANG! Your downed...:( The melee attack should be changed were the player being whacked can move and fight back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I just remember getting a cold sweat the first time I played that game (1 that is), loved the intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I want two things:
    A: i want it to be at least twice as long as the first one (that doesn't mean have twice as long empty corridors!)
    B: No feckin driving level which totally messes up the run of the game and seems tacked on to make it a bit longer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Even more thinly veiled homoeroticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Even more thinly veiled homoeroticism.

"Fight through the pain!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

They have to make some change to the weapons or add more, i think thats a really important element with the success of the first game, i wonder how the chainsaw duel will work? Will it be a button bashing frenzy or button combo? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I think i'm most excited about the prospect of more shades of brown and enough bloom to blind a man.

I think i'm most excited about the prospect of more shades of brown and enough bloom to blind a man.

And big cubes of meat that you can shoot at with better lighting effects :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I would like to be able to see what's on the screen without the player model being in the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'll assume this won't be coming out on pc or maybe a year later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't see how they can kill Dominic if it's based on co-op unless they kill him in the final cut scene.

I would like to see the Hive win this one so they can build up the inevitable third. As long as they don't so something stupid like Raiden it could be the greatest trilogy on one platform ever.

MooseJam wrote: »
    I'll assume this won't be coming out on pc or maybe a year later

It took a few days short of a year for the PC version to be released. Well worth the wait.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't see how they can kill Dominic if it's based on co-op unless they kill him in the final cut scene.

I would like to see the Hive win this one so they can build up the inevitable third. As long as they don't so something stupid like Raiden it could be the greatest trilogy on one platform ever.

I would say its either Maria 'Doms wife' or Dom himself that dies, and it would have to be a dramatic death like Kim being killed when the Raven is shot down.

'The game will also introduce several characters; among these are Chairman Prescott, the near dictatorial military leader of COG, Tai Kaliso, "a spiritual and meditative warrior from a tradition of honor bound fighters," and Dizzy, a former Stranded who joined COG in order to keep his family safe. Dominic's wife Maria will also make an appearance, and Dominic's search for her will play an important part in the story.'

These new characters sound very odd compared to the regular crew?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hold on, there was a story and dramatic moments in the first game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    And big cubes of meat that you can shoot at with better lighting effects :pac:

lol... damn you stole my joke :D

I'd like to see Epic actually have an prologue fmv this time before the game starts so that people stop thinking the game is set on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Less paying-off reviewers to give the game nigh-on perfect scores.

Also boobs. Everything's better with boobs*

*I will hurt the first person to make a manboobs joke

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Less paying-off reviewers to give the game nigh-on perfect scores.

Also boobs. Everything's better with boobs*

*I will hurt the first person to make a manboobs joke

I think they tortured everyone when that woman climbs out of the raven and then you are immediately attacked, and all you get is her annoying voice throughout the game giving you advice.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/359243 did somebody mention man boobs? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Assuming its using the same engine, i dont expect anything really just more of the same.

Why change a winning formula..... oddly thats what killed many a sequel.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Assuming its using the same engine, i dont expect anything really just more of the same.

Why change a winning formula..... oddly thats what killed many a sequel.

kdjac

well from early footage of the revamped engine it looks like they are keeping the styling the same but adding in a load of extra eye candy like realistic water, dynamic crowds and making the environments more destructable. Its definitely a game i'll be waiting for a PC release for so that I can enable all the exta effects. Gears of War on the PC was graphically superior to the console version in nearly every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Same Graphics,same Gameplay,Different Storyline and a bit longer,the first one was not worth 70 quid when it came out cause you could have it finished in 12 hrs and the online gameplay was crap,lets hope we can get our moneys worth this time..

• Advertisement

dvega wrote: »
    Same Graphics,same Gameplay,Different Storyline and a bit longer,the first one was not worth 70 quid when it came out cause you could have it finished in 12 hrs and the online gameplay was crap,lets hope we can get our moneys worth this time..

Actually yeah, improve the online play. I want to be able to see the server ping before i join, and dedicated servers too.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    well from early footage of the revamped engine it looks like they are keeping the styling the same but adding in a load of extra eye candy like realistic water, dynamic crowds and making the environments more destructable. Its definitely a game i'll be waiting for a PC release for so that I can enable all the exta effects. Gears of War on the PC was graphically superior to the console version in nearly every way.

I would love to fight all the locust as seen demonstrated in that video, 100 VS Me :eek: amazing...but i don't think it will be like that in game, it will be a bit more realistic in size. Theres suppose to be 5 VS 5 online now? Say that will be extra fun :D

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I would love to fight all the locust as seen demonstrated in that video, 100 VS Me :eek: amazing...but i don't think it will be like that in game, it will be a bit more realistic in size. Theres suppose to be 5 VS 5 online now? Say that will be extra fun :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxoU8wCEr2A

Heres the new video of actual game play in gears of war 2, they certainly have added lots more enemy's! but they appear as props in the distance but you can still shoot them! :D There is a new hostage typed cover system, were you grab the locust and use him as a shield! The new weapons include an needle/UZI typed pistol and the lancer sounds different? Chainsaw extras include the back slicing thing and duel chainsaw were you tap buttons... :cool:

Advertisement