Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was warned but ....

Options
  • 08-05-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

I know it's near the end of our courses but if i had the chance again i wouldn't have done physics.

I like the subject but the teacher
    hasn't went through half the course and the half he did go through was an absolute joke.

I was warned not to do it but at the time but i
    needed it.

Is there anybody else who is the same boat as me and feels let down by their teachers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Hmm, that sucks. All I could suggest is to get a Revise Wise book as they give information based off the edco papers.

I think it'd be Irish for us. Our teacher is almost always gone to matches and today he forgot to tell us sooner that we have about 4 honours poems left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Hmm, that sucks. All I could suggest is to get a Revise Wise book as they give information based off the edco papers.

I think it'd be Irish for us. Our teacher is almost always gone to matches and today he forgot to tell us sooner that we have about 4 honours poems left to do.

He wasn't in most of last year with a broken leg from skiing and he is away at football all the time.I think im going to do ok though,but no thanks to him.It is so funny(in the way you think he's takin the piss) the way he teaches as he tells us not to look at the book while he reads from it :eek::confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

That's crap! Just because he might be an aural learner, doesn't mean the whole class is!

Oh, actually, I remembered. Our french teacher left for France for 5 months last year, came back, left 2 weeks during the Orals and is going away again in 1 1/2 weeks :) Yay.

That's crap! Just because he might be an aural learner, doesn't mean the whole class is!

Oh, actually, I remembered. Our french teacher left for France for 5 months last year, came back, left 2 weeks during the Orals and is going away again in 1 1/2 weeks :) Yay.

Thats pathetic its tough when you don't have a teacher who can teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ive had 76 free classes this year! :mad:
    thats the same as eight and a half days of school!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

He wasn't in most of last year with a broken leg from skiing and he is away at football all the time.I think im going to do ok though,but no thanks to him.It is so funny(in the way you think he's takin the piss) the way he teaches as he tells us not to look at the book while he reads from it :eek::confused:.

The reason for that is that if you're just listening, more concentration is on the content. If you're looking at the book, you're looking ahead/at pictures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I know it's near the end of our courses but if i had the chance again i wouldn't have done physics.

hasn't went through half the course and the half he did go through was an absolute joke.

needed it.

Is there anybody else who is the same boat as me and feels let down by their teachers?

I definately would not have chosen it. Exactly the same as you..I like the subject, but not the teacher.

She did not go away from the book at all. She did everything out of the book. We did not learn anything from her....if we had of just went home and read the book during those classes we would have learnt the same thing....maybe even more, because she always confused us and contradicted herself.

Towards the end of her time she decided to give us her own "notes" (the book written out with her terrible sketches replacing the pictures).

But she's gone since a few weeks ago. We now have the best physics teacher in the school. He's a great teacher. He never goes near the book. He has his own notes that he gives us.
    Too late though.

The reason for that is that if you're just listening, more concentration is on the content. If you're looking at the book, you're looking ahead/at pictures etc

Maybe you're are right, but he cant explain it as well as it is in the book ,he doesnt go into detail and is too fast. If thats the case why is it fair that we cant look at the book.Some of us learn better that way and all of my class agrees.

Mark200 wrote: »
    I definately would not have chosen it. Exactly the same as you..I like the subject, but not the teacher.

She did not go away from the book at all. She did everything out of the book. We did not learn anything from her....if we had of just went home and read the book during those classes we would have learnt the same thing....maybe even more, because she always confused us and contradicted herself.

Towards the end of her time she decided to give us her own "notes" (the book written out with her terrible sketches replacing the pictures).

But she's gone since a few weeks ago. We now have the best physics teacher in the school. He's a great teacher. He never goes near the book. He has his own notes that he gives us.
    Too late though.

Well at least you can learn more from a good teacher while you have the time. He just expects us to go through exam papers, still you have to know what is happening and why it happening. Good luck in the leaving.PHysics is on last week so hopefully, the extra time
    will pay off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Mark200 wrote: »

Too late though.

Sounds exactly like my school and in paricular one teacher. A certain Ms SW replaced by Mr SD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Sounds exactly like my school and in paricular one teacher. A certain Ms SW replaced by Mr SD?

Indeed.....

Well, I have a different replacement because I'm in a different year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

Physics is one of the most interesting subjects i do apart from technical graphics. No one in the class did well in the mocks but since then the standard i feel has come on a long way. Should do alright in june. The reason its so intersting is i think because our physics teacher is an absolute genius. Hes very knowledgeable on everthing and i mean everything. shame about some of yere teachers though. If the teacher doesnt have a natural love of the subject the they shouldnt be teachin it.

If the teacher doesnt have a natural love of the subject the they shouldnt be teachin it.
    I agree are there any subjects you wish you never did because of the teacher?

Im glad to say i enjoy all of my subjects and get on well with all the teachers. My teachers have an interest in their subjects and will help you with problems. :D

Im glad to say i enjoy all of my subjects and get on well with all the teachers. My teachers have an interest in their subjects and will help you with problems. :D

That's brilliant.Good luck in the leaving and I hope you get your first choice.
    thanks

you to. No point gettin stressed about the the l.c.
    Our teachers say we are the most relaxed group they have ever seen. maybe its a good thing?

no point at all.
    At the end of the day they're just exams and your best is all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

needed it.

Well i never cared much for the subject but my irish teacher is a disgrace, worked for me though because I never wanted to do anything in the class

1huge1 wrote: »
    Well i never cares much for the subject but my irish teacher is a disgrace, worked for me though because I never wanted to do anything in the class

My teacher is Irish teacher is exactly the same , he doesnt even no how many stories or poems we have done and he goes over the ones he had .Oh well its just pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

If I could go back, I would definitely have done Chemistry instead of Accounting. I found the accounting part of the Junior Cert business course really very easy, and figured that doing Accounting would be easy points...

I turned out to be very, very wrong. It was so uninteresting that I just failed miserably and ended up dropping it. I still have 7 subjects so it's not too bad, but I feel I would have found Chemistry a lot more interesting, and I would've kept it up. Oh well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement