Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query on top-up on personal loan...

Options
  • 08-05-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Does anyone know anything about or have experience with getting a top-up on Bank of Ireland personal loan?

I took out a four year personal loan with BOI for €10,000 so I could return to college in 2005. So three years of this will be paid off by June of this year but at the moment I am considering a top-up of €5,000 on this to see me through until September while I complete my MA thesis. The only thing is that I also have a €2000 no interest travel loan with BOI since December due to be paid back in full at the end of July. However, I have never missed a payment on the loan and my mother has agreed to go guarantor if necessary. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about getting a top up with BOI or had experience with it?

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

lipstick wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about or have experience with getting a top-up on Bank of Ireland personal loan?

I took out a four year personal loan with BOI for €10,000 so I could return to college in 2005. So three years of this will be paid off by June of this year but at the moment I am considering a top-up of €5,000 on this to see me through until September while I complete my MA thesis. The only thing is that I also have a €2000 no interest travel loan with BOI since December due to be paid back in full at the end of July. However, I have never missed a payment on the loan and my mother has agreed to go guarantor if necessary. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about getting a top up with BOI or had experience with it?

Thanks....

I do this for a living with said bank. The fact you've had a personal loan of 10k and have it nearly paid off will work in your favour but circumstances change and unfortunatly what you got 3 years ago mightnot be the same now. But to be fair there is a good chance that if you went back to your branch and asked for a topup it would be approved and if not straight away (if it was me), I'd be putting up a good case to an underwriter for it to be approved. PM me if you want to have a chat about it.

Advertisement