Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you find forums comforting?

• 09-05-2008 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hehe.

I do, I must admit, sad maybe.

Maybe it's to do with modern dislocation and lack of a community.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Most days , some days are defo more intresting than others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No. They are a stark reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Frankly I find them harrowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Sherifu wrote: »

Of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Comedy goldmines, this is were the funniest people are, the stuff that people talk about here are certainly not things you would talk to your mates about! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Frankly I find them harrowing.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

latchyco wrote: »
    Most days , some days are defo more intresting than others

+1, even AH is just a big lump of random sh*t on a bad day, hence the recent spate of excrement-related topics. Interesting stuff most days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Sherifu wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

The internet happens when people are allowed to behave without a governing sense of personal accountability.

Also, any social setting in which being loud and obtuse is favoured over things like being correct or creative will be eternally depressing.

That being said, it's all a good laff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Kovik wrote: »
    The internet happens when people are allowed to behave without a governing sense of personal accountability.

Also, any social setting in which being loud and obtuse is favoured over things like being correct or creative will be eternally depressing.

You should use less big words when you post on inane topics, your style is far too high brow for AH!

You could have just shortened that to "people are tough on the internet" better for all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

See, if I'd used smaller words I wouldn't have gotten the full payoff for using a word like "laff" at the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There are some really friendly forums and really friendly/helpful/interesting posters. Its nothing to do with comfort IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Kovik wrote: »

Quote correct. Although I think I respond in real life as I do on boards.ie

That siad... I rarely respond on the After Hours forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

tribulus wrote: »
    You should use less big words when you post on inane topics, your style is far too high brow for AH!

You could have just shortened that to "people are tough on the internet" better for all concerned.

Or even shorter 'ITG' Internet Tough Guy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

it annoys the hell outta me that all the people like me (or that are vaguely similar), i dont know and they are data on my laptop.

*shakes fist at lack of comfort*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Or even shorter 'ITG' Internet Tough Guy :D

AKA e-thugs -

http://www.photodump.org/stored15/ethug.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I got really drunk last night and when I woke up today I **** you not I was holding my lappy like a Teddy.

So yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

most people seem really nice in this world. In the real world most people are assholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Overheal wrote: »
    I got really drunk last night and when I woke up today I **** you not I was holding my lappy like a Teddy.

So yes.

LMAO!!!

I don't know if comforting is the correct word but I shall use it anyway

It's comforting to know that there are still ots of people willing to talk sh!te with each other and have a laugh (AH). But if you need a proper chat, there are people like that too (PI?). You can realistically find a forum to suit any mood I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I wouldn't find them comforting...

Some of the people around here strike fear into me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    most people seem really nice in this world. In the real world most people are assholes.

BrazilliaNZ, I'd like you to meet rb_ie. rb_ie I'd like you to meet BrazilliaNZ. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

connundrum wrote: »
    BrazilliaNZ, I'd like you to meet rb_ie. rb_ie I'd like you to meet BrazilliaNZ. :pac:
    Lulz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Im comfortable nothing liking talking crap while naked to make you feel comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Hell no! All those "Boyfriend cheated - never saw it coming" threads un-nerve me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wait, how did I get brought into this?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Comforting? My GP prescribed 2 posts and see her in the morning (or was that 20?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nkay1985 wrote: »
    LMAO!!!

I don't know if comforting is the correct word but I shall use it anyway

It's comforting to know that there are still ots of people willing to talk sh!te with each other and have a laugh (AH). But if you need a proper chat, there are people like that too (PI?). You can realistically find a forum to suit any mood I think.

No... I still browse elsewhere when Im in a horny mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Overheal wrote: »
    No... I still browse elsewhere when Im in a horny mood.

You make a valid point.

Advertisement