Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Advice on accommodation for next year please?

• 09-05-2008 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I'll be going to Maynooth for the year next year and I want to get a houseshare if I can. Does anyone know if the accomodation office has lists of houseshares and if so when do they have them -during the summer? Also who will I be contacing will it be a landlord? I notice that at the moment theres a few houses around avilable but it's groups of people that are taking them. Any advice on good neighbourhoods would be a help too.

Sorry for all the q's but I've only ever stayed in digs before.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭pebblesjm

When i started in NUIM many moons ago I lived on campus in the first year and it was great met loads of people and its decent enough accom and there are always parties, then by second year once we got to know each other and the surroundings a few of us got a house up the village.

If you are going straight for a house........the accom office (which I never found the most helpful....but thats another story involving a broken fire alarm and a banjaxed cooker) but hey do have a housing list available in the office you could try get them to send it on to you.

There's always a mad rush, and its easy to say but don't worry you'll find somewhere, but be wary of s**tholes, even if the landlord says he's 'doing it up' he aint!! Loads of cowboys cramming as many people in as possible, don't settle for s**te...................and avoid Old Greenfield:eek: everywhere else is ok-ish Meadow Brook, Colege Green and Cluian Aoibinn areas are full of renters and tends to be good craic but house do tend to bare the brunt of this craic and fall down a wee bit:p

But the most important thing to learn when sharing is that you can live in the most fancy place, but if you're there with people you dislike it'll never be comfortable!!

*she scratches chin and goes all misty eyed and ponderous*

Advertisement