Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax back from America

• 09-05-2008 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I didnt know where else to post this sorry

I was in New York last summer working on a J1 visa. i was working a legit job and getting taxed every week. Last month i got almost 500 euros back in Federal Tax through taxback.com. Then this morning im after receiving an email saying that there is a New York state cheque for $629 after being sent to them. Anyone have similar experiences? will i be receiving the NY tax as well as the federal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Ya you will get it back, the only tax you don't get back is the local tax! You must have had a fairly decent job. You should have filed the tax return yourself though to escape taxbacks 10% fee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Ya they seem to take a nice chunk for themselves alright! thats great news so another few hundred quid in the arse pocket for nothing!

Advertisement