Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoX - issue 12 downloads have started

Options
  • 09-05-2008 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

but its not live yet.

\o/ more character slots!!!

Have to say that I left before issue 10 and only came back to it a month ago but havent played as much as I used to. whatever they did with the balance of the game has really worked. I was stuck with a blaster on lvl 26 for ages (part of the reason I gave up) and in less than a month of casual logging on I've hit 32. I think the difficulty balance is pretty spot on at the minute. Just wish they'd mix up the lower level missions. Alts are starting to get boring and I get the feeling they're being funnelled into the same story arcs.

CoV low level misions i really dont like at all. snakes. snakes. snakes.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I believe the Hollows are being redone in this issue. The snakes can be a bit boring for the 10th time, but you'll get past them in a couple of hours of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

The hollows was the WORST. All that walking/running, trying to avoid the the big crater in the middle. I always got my SG to powerlevel me up to 12 so I could avoid it, had done it three times, so I wasn't bothered with the story arcs.

Man I used to have so much playing that game, had a 50 MA/Regen Scrapper, a 46 Fire/Kin Controller (SB'd Fire Imps were the best!! :-o), and a few lower level alts. I miss it, just don't have the time any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

CoX server are down for an extended period today, 5 hours for patching. plenty of speculation that this is I12 going live (US servers are down at the same time)

http://uk.boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=AnnounceUK&Number=1097856&page=0&fpart=all

according to one player:
    Confirmed - now version 17

Version 17.20080507.4T.
    Extra 41.3mb patch as well on top of the preload.

but no idea where he's getting that seeing as its still down for updates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Haven't played in a bout a month or so...

Must pop back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

LoLth wrote: »
    CoX server are down for an extended period today, 5 hours for patching. plenty of speculation that this is I12 going live (US servers are down at the same time)

http://uk.boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=AnnounceUK&Number=1097856&page=0&fpart=all

according to one player:
    Confirmed - now version 17

Version 17.20080507.4T.
    Extra 41.3mb patch as well on top of the preload.

but no idea where he's getting that seeing as its still down for updates.....

thats exactly what i got about 10 min ago

• Advertisement

Sounds like we may see i12 tonight then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Haven't really played much since i9, so it'll be (didn't see the announcement yesterday:() interesting to see who's still about and who else's come back for the VEATs.
    And goddamnit, just looked at one of the badger sites, there's now ~100 badges I need to collect on my main... crap but that's going to take a while...

Yep it was issue 12.

Logged in and created a Psi/Psi blaster (The Mentat). quite powerful at lower levels so far (he's up to level 3) , on the way to a mish at 1st level he got jumped by 3 x minion (2nd lvl) 1x fallen buckshot 3rd lvl and 1x fallen gunner 3rd. the mentat won with half health left and about 1/4 end (I forgot to unclick "run").

Had a play with the windows, power trays can be moved , seperated and rotated to vertical which is kinda nice.

Anyone any idea how to get a channel just for system events ? I saw a line in purple saying "steel canyon have issued a fire alert" but didnt see any more, probably because I was busy looking at other stuff (and not getting caned!) would be nice to have a tab that lists just system events so you can review any ones you missed.

Crimerora: havent gotten around to trying this yet. theres a non-combative story arc to do before you can join the midnighters which in turn brings you to the new content. I think the level req is 14 and 30. Contact for heroes is over near the university in Steel canyon, for Villains its a girl opposite the university in Cap au Diable - I started her arc but got sidetracked.

Just some thoughts on I12 so far:

the road to crimorera:
    Villain: lvl 19 MM : met with the contact near the university and followed the "Origin of Power" Arc. missions were all based in cap au diable and were essentially go talk to X. no combat (except for a few stops to mug the odd unsuspecting victim when I got bored of running around). Then the final mission:
    Against CoT who are trying to use the origin source to shift towards magic which would weaken all other origins. Serious fight in underground caverns / sunken temple. closest I have come to dying yet! you have to search for 10 artifacts and defeat a named CoT mage who uses earth magic. bad for a solo but not really a problem for masterminds with hordes of bots :)
    At the end of the Arc I was told that I was too low a level and to come back when I was 30th. really wish there was a b*tchslap emote.....

Hero:
    LVL 32 Blaster: made contact with professor in the university in SC and got first mission of the arc. the prof is in the library. off I go to fight the CoT, no namby pamby talking for me!

mission 1:
    Into an underground system of cobblestone tunnels under steel canyon. Is this a new tileset ? in any case, there was a nice maze effect going on with teleporters and crystals that heal or harm you and a most impressive central cavern complete with eerie temple. First contact with CoT was 2 fire mages both half dead already and running away from me. Turns out there's a running battle with Rikti going on. Portals popped open, drones prowled the coridors.
    all in all one of the most exciting missions I have done to date but a bit on the easy side.

second mission :
    is against Lost and Rikti in an office in SC.
    havent started it yet but looking forward to it. (cant wait to go up a level as in one mish I gathered enough salvage and a recipe for scorpion sting 20% chance of tox damage! lvl 35 :( , with build up and sniper I can already 1 shot yellow minions and knock most yellow lieutenants to 1/3rd, tox damage should be a nice addition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Have to say that Romulos' TF is my favborite in the game so far. Sur eyou need to turn your graphics down all the way to avoid lag fest, but it really is worth it.
    Anyone else do it yet?

• Advertisement

Just on one character so far.

Well, Evangel (now a happy lvl 35 AR blaster)just arrived in Crimorea. Looks good so far. Those centurions do decent damage once they get close enough!

my current standard tactic of build up > snipe the centurion > full auto the area has so far served me well in wiping out anything I've met (up to orange centurions).

is 35 a bit on the amitious side for joining the TF ?

Just got back into CoX again this weekend.

Almost got my main villain up to level 50 now. Must give the new TF a go soon.

Well got my main villain up to level 50 today so I'm now able to try out the new archetypes.

I've only played around with the Widow so far... but liking it... she certainly seems to have a lot of power. I'm not terribly used to controlling a melee character though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Have to say that Romulos' TF is my favborite in the game so far. Sur eyou need to turn your graphics down all the way to avoid lag fest, but it really is worth it.
    Anyone else do it yet?
    Yeah done it on my 50 blaster with a team of 6 villains 2 heroes :p ended up me and 2 brutes clearing up the map for 25 mins after we done it, much fun to be had with perfect timing Novas :D

Advertisement