Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Statements

Options
  • 09-05-2008 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering is there anyway I can change my bank statements not to posted. They are just a wast of paper, prefer the online stuff.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

By law the bank must provide statements of any account you hold with them. You can have them returned to branch instead of posted, but branch do not like doing this as there would be storage issues. Plus your reason is not really a valid one to have the branch do this. Its normally for people who have had moved (the post was returned) or are living abroad.

eStatements, imho will be the norm in most banks by the end of there year.

Ask them to change the frequency to yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi,
    I was just wondering is there anyway I can change my bank statements not to posted. They are just a wast of paper, prefer the online stuff.
    Thanks

Aib customers can request this online once you have a code card.

How to sign up for eStatements;

1. Log into AIB Internet Banking and click on transactions.
    2. Select your account from the drop down menu.
    3. Select the "Click here to sign-up for eStatements" link to access the set-up screen.
    4. Once you have read the Terms and Conditions, and completed the information required, click the "proceed" button.
    5. You will be asked to confirm that you wish to sign up for eStatements by entering a code from your Code Card, enter the requested code, and then click the "confirm" button.
    6. You will then be returned to the transaction screen with a message to confirm that you have been successfully set-up.

Advertisement