Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing a car for the State?

Options
  • 09-05-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know to go about importing an Amercian Classic from America please.

I have seen a car on ebay that I love and would consider importing an 80's classic.

But how does one organise importing a car from America.

Try google and for some reason it picks it up as importing into the US.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kluivert wrote: »

I have seen a car on ebay that I love and would consider importing an 80's classic.

I asked this on the classic car forum ages ago, you may find the thread with a search. I can't remember the exact details, but I think shipping would be around €2,000 - maybe less with the current exchange rate. I think your VAT will be liable on the purchase price PLUS the shipping cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

kluivert wrote: »

Either keep going in the years or wait a while, 80's cars aren't quite old enough yet to avoid vrt and will need an nct and pay real road tax. Get a 30 y/o car and there is no vrt, 47euro tax a year and no nct...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Thanks lads Ill look that up.

Advertisement