Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox Live with O2 Wireless

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

is your xbox close to the pc?

i really dont think the O2 broadband is up to playing games online, you'll probably get horrible lag, however it wont cost you anything to try.

All you need to do is connect the pc to the internet with the O2 device as normal (i assume its with a usb connection?) Then take the network cable that came with the xbox and connect it to the xbox and pc.

Now you basically need to share the internet connection with the xbox. known as ICS in windows. how you do that will depend on the version of windows you have.

have a look here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/windowsics.htm

This is pretty much how i am set up. I have a wireless card on my pc and the xbox is connected to the network card of the pc with a cable. It can be a bit of a pain in vista at least for me it is, I have to rejig the settings every time i connect but i didnt spend €80 on a wireless addaptor so i can live with it , however it was rock solid for me in XP :D

PM me if you get into trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Thanks man. I appreciate it!

Unfortunately I've Vista and I'm not sure if it'll work but Ill give it a shot :)

Maybe it's time to switch to Eircom! :)

Advertisement