Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLP - evidence base?

• 09-05-2008 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Just looking to see what mainstream psychology has to say about the evidence base for NLP, which seems to me to be sketchy in the extreme. I don't want to start a fight over beliefs, just scientific evidence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

alas I think the people from the NLP class of 2008 have moved on, quiet bunch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

NLP is not the magic it was told as when it first began. It is merely now seen as a way of phrasing words, to interfere with the way people are thinking. it has no scientific evidence, but it's fundamental beliefs are based on scientific evidence. (for example, the Milgram (sp?) experiment of the 1950's designed to see how people cope under leadership, and how people can be controlled against their will, afaik, derren browne did this experiment again recently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

Here's an interesting article. Page 69 looks at NLP. There is very little research of value on the subject in peer reviewed journals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks Gibs. It was as I expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 indigoangel

i don't know much about the science of NLP, but it did help me through a really really bad time and helped me to get back on my feet again. it's about breaking thought patterns, and even if it's just phrasing something a different way or switching words around, it can be eye opening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

does anybody know any NLP Practitioners near finglas / glasnevin ????

for getting help with anxiety , social phobia

Advertisement