Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BioShock the movie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like this. I think Gore Verbinski is one director that could pull it off. Its a great story, and if they keep the visual style and the sense of dread, it could be a classic.

Casting? Nothing announced yet obviously, but how about Colin Farrell as Atlas? Ralph Fiennes as Ryan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Dear god keep Uwe Boll away from this please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

IrishMike wrote: »
    Dear god keep Uwe Boll away from this please!

and michael bay.

Christopher Nolan or Bryan Singer would be deadly but it will probably be Brett Ratner or some one of a similar ilk :mad:

Did you even read the article, folks? (and do you have me on ignore?) :)
    Its Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean) directing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Yeah Gore did a great job on the original ring remake.

Id say Fiennes would be great but Farrell no thanks!. If it had to be an irish actor id say brendan glesson doing the voice over the radio.

• Advertisement

Thinking about this, the setting is great, and the story is great, but I don't think the initial setup lends itself to a good movie. Will they really just focus on Atlas leading a single person through Rapture for the first hour, or will they go the "Hollywood" route, and have a group of people crashing into the ocean at the start of the movie, and having them picked off one by one by splicers and BDs?

Odds of having an annoying child actor as one of the crash survivors is also high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mr E wrote: »
    Did you even read the article, folks? (and do you have me on ignore?) :)
    Its Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean) directing.

lol i should have rtfa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I hope this happens and I hope it happens proper not like a game/movie spinoff for money!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement