Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examiner Editorial

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

On the question of peoples names AND ADDRESSES being put in the public domain in relation to court cases involving firearms licensing.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that practice. I would hope that, in future, the courts would require that the names and addresses of those individuals not be allowed to be published as part of the court report.

If someone enters a public competition and wins it by all mean their name and the name of their club should be published if they wish it to be.

In IPSC every competitor has an Alias which they can choose when the join (and can never change). If you see "FrJack" winning Irelands first presidents medal - it's me!!!! All publicly quoted information, such as your world ranking, is published with your alias.

If the individual, their club or indeed country wish to publish their actual name that is their perogative.

I just have a REAL problem with peoples addresses, even the name of their town, which in rural areas amounts to the same thing, being published in relation to news regarding firearms - unless of course it is in relation to firearms offences which is not relevant to the topic.

B'Man

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Bananaman wrote: »
    I do find it a pain in the fáinne that the old "olympic" card is played by various supers.

It's probably because they're thinking that this is safe:

IMG_001_FP_1.jpg

and this is not:

robwet88.jpg

rolleyes.gif

It's a simplistic way of looking at things unfortunately. Getting your local Gardai out to see your style of shooting might help as you say.

Rob Leatham had to travel all the way to the world shoot in Venezuela - back when I was sitting my Inter Cert - to kneel in that puddle.

We've come along way since then. I think I'm the only person I know of still wears jeans when shooting practical.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

In the letters of "De paper"?[examiner].I only get it online.Nowt there.Anything in print?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have been checking online for a few days, nothing yet. In print might be different though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Double-Alpha

Quote by B'man "I think I'm the only person I know of still wears jeans when shooting practical."

We have all seen your legs from time to time, please please keep wearing the jeans and spare us all !!! :D:D:D

I was in the top 10 in standard in Ballymena last week.

It may be time to work on the attire.
    • 5.11 Leopardskin Tactical Thong with belt fasteners
    • 5.11 String Vest with Guinness Sponsorship stain
    • 5.11 Hobnail boots with stones rattling inside the heel
    • 5.11 Knotted hanky with piss yellow sunvisor.

I dare them to put my picture in the paper after that :-)

If they do it'll be time for the
    • 5.11 olive drab mankini

B'Man

Banana, you dress like that and it'll be hard to not wind up in the paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Probably in the District Court reports. :)

And in the phoenix's roundup of odd stories from the DCs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bog Cuttings :D I wants my tenner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

If you want to be in bog cuttings you have to tell a guard to eff off. It's compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Bog Cuttings :D I wants my tenner. :)
    you can not beat bog cutting for top info on a type of firearm
    ie it was a big lump of turf. JUDGE:p

Advertisement