Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB application and Meter position

• 09-05-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at floor level and blocks will be starting again in two weeks, should I send in my application to the ESB it will be over a year before I need the connection.

Who decides where the meter goes on a one off house, the ESB or me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Timing of application for supply is usually 3 - 6 months before supply is needed but again check with the local office as they usually have a set timeframe for these matters.

The ESB requirements for the meter cabinet is that it be located on either the front wall or on the gable wall no more than 2 metres from the front wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

muffler wrote: »
    Timing of application for supply is usually 3 - 6 months before supply is needed but again check with the local office as they usually have a set timeframe for these matters.

The ESB requirements for the meter cabinet is that it be located on either the front wall or on the gable wall no more than 2 metres from the front wall.

Cheers muffler, I have seen people install the meter on the side of the garage where the garage is close enough to the House is their any rules on this?

Do I just leave out the size for a meter box and put in that red ducting? How long a ducting piece should I install?

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

All this info is on the ESB Networks site. You will find all you need there.
    http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/downloads/metering_specification_rev_9.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Jnealon wrote: »
    All this info is on the ESB Networks site. You will find all you need there.
    http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/downloads/metering_specification_rev_9.pdf
    I was just going to go rooting round for that. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

muffler wrote: »

Just to expand from this, it can also be in a recessed porch or on a suitable garden wall,
    might give you a little more scope, maybe even a chance to conceal it a little

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

A word of caution..

""A position on the house wall facing the driveway, or within 2m of either corner of this wall is normally acceptable subject to proper access.""

In the information they talk about it being on a wall facing the driveway, what they really mean is what muffler and the guys have described "within 2 meters of the front wall", ours faced onto the driveway as described in the literature and it had to be moved to within 2 meters of the front wall, even though this meant moving it an additional 45m from the pole.

It wasnt the biggest problem in the world but it was a pain recutting the wall and refitting another hockey stick..

The devil's in the detail

Cheers..
    BAM

Advertisement