Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin Airport Parking

Options
  • 09-05-2008 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

You know how you can book a car parking space online with DAA? Well what are the benefits? Do you get a space closer to the front of the long term car park or how does it work and should I bother?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Afaik prebooked spaces are closer, next to main building
    edit http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airport/latest-news/170408_prebook.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Have a look here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

degsie wrote: »
    Have a look here.

that doesn't help. I have already gone through their website.

I'm just wondering if the pre booked long term car park spaces are near the front or can they be anywhere.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There isn't anything in their T&Cs so...
    Any questions about our online car parking service - (click here)

I would imagine that they will not commit to anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I would read 'pre-booking' as 'pre-paying'. All it says it you are guaranteed a space in the chosen car park and that it's a bit cheaper at the weekend.

I don't know how they guarantee this - maybe they just turn on the 'full signs' when there are only the number of pre-booked spaces left.

In saying that, in the short term carpark, I ignore the full signs (with the idea that as I drive around, someone is bound to be leaving).

I haven't failed to get a spot yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

biko wrote: »
    Afaik prebooked spaces are closer, next to main building
    AlanD wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if the pre booked long term car park spaces are near the front or can they be anywhere.
    Short Term pre booked vehicles are sent to Block C which is the furthest multi-storey car park from the main entrance. It the tallest block over near the Church.

Excluding the VIP car park, car park A is the closest to the terminal.

Personally, I don't see the point of pre-booking as it's nearly always possible to get a spot up on the 3rd level of block A. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you're booking in the long-term car park, i'd recommend QuickPark instead of DAA. Their shuttle buses seem to be far more frequent. Parking's a bit cheaper too, €7.50 instead of €9.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anan1 wrote: »
    If you're booking in the long-term car park, i'd recommend QuickPark instead of DAA.
    It only has 3,500 spaces so it frequently full.
    Anan1 wrote:
    Their shuttle buses seem to be far more frequent
    You must have been lucky. They are advertised as departing every 5 minutes which is not possible with 3 buses. It's usually more like 15 minutes unless the bus is full. The QP buses also have a much shorter car park route.

The 6 Red Long Term buses are supposed to leave every 7 minutes but it's usually more like 10 minutes and they have a much longer route around the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can pre book Quick Park on 018621977

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

It only has 3,500 spaces so it frequently full.

You must have been lucky. They are advertised as departing every 5 minutes which is not possible with 3 buses. It's usually more like 15 minutes unless the bus is full. The QP buses also have a much shorter car park route.

The 6 Red Long Term buses are supposed to leave every 7 minutes but it's usually more like 10 minutes and they have a much longer route around the car park.

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement