Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New computer game deal for F1

• 09-05-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Finally! Codemasters will be developing an official F1 game across all platforms. Sony so longer have the exclusive licence. I'll be looking forward to this! Hopefully there will be a decent multiplayer option too!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67228

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yeah, will be great to have a DECENT F1 game.
    the GP series were good at the time but faded in the later releases.

I used to enjoy F1 manager, but got bored when I started to win all around me! And that's the last F1 I played!
    NFS have kept me going nicely... all time fave is NFSU2

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

It's gonna be like Colin McRae: DIRT , but with F1 cars and F1 tracks. The physics engine will be the same - ****.

Sure, it might be enjoyable for a little while, but then it will get too easy and you will get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Hmmm not sure about this deal.

Toca 3 was a Codemasters production and had horrible F1 cars.

I wish the rights weren't so exclusive - LFS for example has rights to the BMW F1 car and it is light years ahead of Toca's F1 cars.

We'll see, but this will be a disappointment more than likely.

If you're looking for the F1 experience, go with LFS which is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I was glad to hear codemasters picked this one up myself. They have a good history with making racers and hopefully that trend will continue with the next F1 game. If race driver grid is anything to go by then things are looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have the 2006 Formula 1 game for the PS3 and while it's good, I'd like a more updated game, especially one which has Spa.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

any avid F1 fans have a pc, looking for something to fill in while they wait for the codemasters release, i suggest to look into rfactor and f1 challenge mods, there very well done. :)

Advertisement