Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Rivalry, just how low can you sink?

• 09-05-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Before we start, this is not a thread aimed at "Celtic bashing"

I am however interested in how many people would do this in order to stop a couple of fans of teams they despise getting to a european final.
    Especially when you consider how much the tickets have been selling for this week!
    http://www.fcfootballblog.com/2008/05/08/uefa-cup-final-tickets/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol, quality.

Gotta respect that, fair play to the dude. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

DesF wrote: »
    lol, quality.

Gotta respect that, fair play to the dude. :D:D

Ill tell ya man, if those tickets are real (which i suspect they may not be) that man is giving up a LOT of money.
    Talk about sticking by your principles eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

in fairness all they did was burn tickets. i think scum is a little harsh. they didnt hurt anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

And he's right about Samaras as well ;)

Tickets look fake anyway

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

dude, i am honest in my intentions with this one.
    I couldnt see it and NOT post it tbh.

Its an interesting look into the phsyce of a certain type of football fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nah - i'd sell them on. I hate rival clubs, but not their fans. If I had tickets to a final Liverpool, Leeds or City were in i'd glad sell them on to their fans. I would hope the fans I sell them to have a terrible day cause their team lost 7-0 and will now be banned from whate ver competition cause of a mass brawl involving only their players after the final whistle...but i would go to such lengths to stop those fans from seeing the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ha ha brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Wow this forum made it ONE FULL DAY without an anti-Celtic thread.

FFS People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Idiots tbh could have got £500 each so cost them a £1000 would have been better to brag I bought these tickets for £60 and some stupid Rangers fan gave me £500 for them. As stupid as all the Ranger's fans that burnt their season tickets when Mo Johnston signed for them.

• Advertisement

Wow this forum made it ONE FULL DAY without an anti-Celtic thread.

FFS People.
    lol - what rubbish - anti-celtic threads aren't THAT common. In fact, i can't think of many threads that have been anti-celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

That's truly pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

what do you mean that image was photoshopped?! i saw that guy with my own two eyes when i was walkin to croker that day!

i do think that what that "fan" did was rediculous- i mean let them have their moment, and get your kicks by makin the "h** b**tard" pay over the rrp for the tickets, if you wanna be that petty!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

patmac wrote: »
    Idiots tbh could have got £500 each so cost them a £1000 would have been better to brag I bought these tickets for £60 as some stupid Rangers fan gave me £500 for them. As stupid as all the Ranger's fans that burnt their season tickets when Mo Johnston signed for them.
    That would have been the clever idea but he probably couldn't take money from the enemy.

patmac wrote: »
    Idiots tbh could have got £500 each so cost them a £1000. As stupid as all the Ranger's fans that burnt their season tickets when Mo Johnston signed for them.

Reminds me of the Liverpool fan burning his Liverpool top with Gerrard on the back on TV when Gerrard handed in his transfer request, only to withdraw it a few hours later!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

what do you mean that image was photoshopped?! i saw that guy with my own two eyes when i was walkin to croker that day!

i do think that what that "fan" did was rediculous- i mean let them have their moment, and get your kicks by makin the "h** b**tard" pay over the rrp for the tickets, if you wanna be that petty!
    That picture made all the newspapers at the time - no photoshop needed.

Your eyes were photoshopped!!:eek: The matrix has you!

Tauren wrote: »
    Your eyes were photoshopped!!:eek: The matrix has you!

damnit not again!!...lil help?

Tauren wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Liverpool fan burning his Liverpool top with Gerrard on the back on TV when Gerrard handed in his transfer request, only to withdraw it a few hours later!

gerrard talked about this is his "year in the life of" show. the lad went up to him at another time asking was it him burning his jersey that made Gerrard stay, gerrard laughed :)

http://bifsniff.com/wp-content/files/2007/02/mail.jpg

This isn't an anti-Celtic thread.

the Celtic-heads on here need to be a but less sensitive ffs.

• Advertisement

you not going to comment on the "photoshopped" picture ziggy?

It isn't photoshopped, I know the clown in it.

I know it isnt photoshopped.

ziggy said it was though.

hmmm i reckon this thread has been killed by paranoia then?
    May as well lock it, next time ill just stick anything like this in the SPL thread.....no one goes in there anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I know the picture quality was ****, but in that video those things burned did not look like tickets. looked way to thin. i'd say it's a wind up. good one too. :pac:

Eirebear wrote: »
    hmmm i reckon this thread has been killed by paranoia then?
    May as well lock it, next time ill just stick anything like this in the SPL thread.....no one goes in there anyway! :D

Probably a good idea, at least the SPL forum isn't full of West Brits with a superiority complex

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I dont believe those tickets were real

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

What will he do when rangers win the quadruple?

lordgoat wrote: »
    What will he do when rangers win the quadruple?
    Make a house out of cardboard and burn it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

If I had tickets to the Micky Mou.. erm UEFA Cup final, I would sell on ebay and enjoy my 2 week trip to Seville :)

Was it Mickey Mouse the time Celtic lost in the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

A play on words for the Rangers fans as a lot of them described the UEFA cup final as the Mickey Mouse final when Celtic went to Seville. Surprised you did not know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I would have thought murdering someone on their way home from a game is quite a bit lower than burning tickets.

But then again, I live in the real world.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Was it Mickey Mouse the time Celtic lost in the final?

yes yes it was! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Probably a good idea, at least the SPL forum isn't full of West Brits with a superiority complex

So now we've reached the point where you are a WB if you don't support Celtic and can see the absurdity of the current mania for them. Perhaps you could get Dermot Desmond have his FF mates outlaw criticism of them.

UEFA should get the ticket numbers, re-issue them and donate the money to an anti-sectarian campaign, or perhaps pay for geography lessons for Irish football 'fans'.

SectionF wrote: »
    So now we're reached the point where you a WB if you don't support Celtic and can see the absurdity of the current mania for them. Perhaps you could get Dermot Desmond have his FF mates outlaw criticism of them.

I am a Celtic fan who doesn't support any EPL club, but the difference is I don't spend my time knocking English clubs or there supporters.

Judging by your last comment Celtic obviously isn't the only chip on your shoulder

mail.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

I am a Celtic fan who doesn't support any EPL club, but the difference is I don't spend my time knocking English clubs or there supporters.

Judging by your last comment Celtic obviously isn't the only chip on your shoulder
    Och, if it's a chip (and I don't accept it is), at least it's an Irish chip ;)

I don't spend any time knocking English club fans either. Though some are jaded profit centres rather than sports organizations, generally English clubs don't have the same blatantly cynical marketing aims in Ireland, they don't pretend to be what they're not, and they don't retain the sectarian baggage that your lot do. (It shouldn't matter, but as it happens I do follow an English team.)

Think about it. You are calling Irish people West Brits because they have a critical perspective on a British club. Isn't that a wee bit topsy-turvy?

they don't retain the sectarian baggage that your lot do.

Was just about to get started explaining Celtic's Irish roots (past and present) but I think the ignorance of your comment above means it would be time wasted.

Think about it. You are calling Irish people West Brits because they have a critical perspective on a British club. Isn't that a wee bit topsy-turvy?

maybe he is calling you a west brit because you follow her majesties bohemians? ;)

maybe he is calling you a west brit because you follow her majesties bohemians? ;)
    Did I just hear a leprechaun join the conversation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, that guy hates money more than he hates Rangers. Idiocy.

Did I just hear a leprechaun join the conversation?

So you object to being labelled a WB for hating Celtic but label me a leprechaun?

Thats Bohs logic alright. THe type of logic that allows the Derry 4 go to games but fights tooth and nail in the High Court to ban a bloke for 'associating' with hoolies. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    dude, i am honest in my intentions with this one.
    I couldnt see it and NOT post it tbh.

Its an interesting look into the phsyce of a certain type of football fan

How is burning tickets, even if real (which I don't think they are), "low"? It's just stupid IMO. If he bought them, he can wipe his hole with them if he so desires.

If you want low EB, search YouTube for videos of your club's supporters "interacting" with Artur Boruc, before they went crying to the cops.

Now THAT'S football rivalry at a pretty low point.

So you object to being labelled a WB for hating Celtic but label me a leprechaun?

Thats Bohs logic alright. THe type of logic that allows the Derry 4 go to games but fights tooth and nail in the High Court to ban a bloke for 'associating' with hoolies. ;)
    He didn't call me a WB. I don't hate Celtic.
    If Celtic are playing, say, Chelsea, I will, of course, shout for Celtic, because they have some Irish assocation. That Japanese bloke is good to watch too.
    I do, however, despise the sectarian nonsense that still follows the club around, just as, incidentally, I despise the same from Rangers, as should all right-thinking people, and I happen to think that Rangers fans are probably more stuck in the past.
    You are happy to join in and amplify the sectarian agenda, with your pathetic attempt to set up a Shams v Bohs shadow rivalry that apes the Old Firm. I suggest leaving the Scots to their stupidity and let us focus on football.
    Now run along with your shillelagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i think the Celtic fan is just sad individual if doing that really gives him pleasure

i would have got far more pleasure fleecing a Rangers fan out of a grand or so and receiving an economic benefit too!

or maybe god forbid do something useful for the world and give the tickets for a charity auction or something, but that would probably too much intelligence for some football fans :rolleyes:

what a f**king waste

• Advertisement
Advertisement