Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Rivalry, just how low can you sink?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

PauloMN wrote: »
    How is burning tickets, even if real (which I don't think they are), "low"? It's just stupid IMO. If he bought them, he can wipe his hole with them if he so desires.

If you want low EB, search YouTube for videos of your club's supporters "interacting" with Artur Boruc, before they went crying to the cops.

Now THAT'S football rivalry at a pretty low point.

Two weeks after a Celtic fan was murdered by two Rangers fans as well.

This is surreal stuff when you think of it - burning tickets lower than murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

That guy is a stupid idiot for burning the tickets.

1. He could of got up to £1500 for a pair. And that wouldn't be hard selling them to fans right next door.

2. Obviously the video will be seen by UEFA and those seat numbers tickets will be resold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't know how they could resell those tickets if he has already purchased the seats.

My take on it is this. You know when you buy tickets with a credit card on Ticketmaster and if you lose them you can have the same ones reissued? I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a similar system in place for Uefa. This guy burns those tickets and makes himself a legend with his other retarded provo mates while still selling the replacement tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

if they were real tickets (which they probably arent) the guy burning them is pretty thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ziggy wrote: »

Well judging from the youtube video which had an IRA promoting song and had other people talking while he burned his tickets I don't think it's ridiculous to call him a provo. Judging by his actions he is retarded and his friends who supported him in them are too. Also, he's a Celtic fan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Two weeks after a Celtic fan was murdered by two Rangers fans as well.

This is surreal stuff when you think of it - burning tickets lower than murder.

Links please:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would have been better if he'd tied the tickets to his car and as a Rangers fan went to pick them up, driven off whilst shouting "Follow, follow".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

DesF wrote: »
    the Celtic-heads on here need to be a but less sensitive ffs.

Eh, right :rolleyes: (**** that new rolleyes sucks donkey knob)

Why didnt the lad just take a leaf out of recent boards threads and start supporting a foreign team that he has absoloutely zero connection with purely because, for one night at least, they are the biggest rivals of a Glasgow football club he despises? :)

What is the allocation anyway, is it like the CL where x percent goes to both teams and the remainder is filled with locals? I think Celtic have some support among those of Irish origin in Manchester (nearly certain the Gallagher bros consider them their 2nd team for instance) but I cant imagine too many Mancs care about Gers. Cant imagine the Russians will fill out their end either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

shane86 wrote: »
    What is the allocation anyway, is it like the CL where x percent goes to both teams and the remainder is filled with locals? I think Celtic have some support among those of Irish origin in Manchester (nearly certain the Gallagher bros consider them their 2nd team for instance) but I cant imagine too many Mancs care about Gers. Cant imagine the Russians will fill out their end either.

Both teams allotments sold out afaik its 20% each, 20% local, 10% uefa lottery and rest are sponsors.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Both teams allotments sold out afaik its 20% each, 20% local, 10% uefa lottery and rest are sponsors.

kdjac

thats such a joke, should be 40% to each of the teams, 10% in the lottery, 5% local and 5% sponsors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mr Alan wrote: »
    thats such a joke, should be 40% to each of the teams, 10% in the lottery, 5% local and 5% sponsors

thats not the joke, ever see a uefa/CL ;) final ? And notice how the stadium is 90% fans of the teams involved.....how much did they pay for their tickets..... thats the joke and UEFA allow it every ****ing year.

kdjac

tell me about it, makes my ****ing blood boil, is it any wonder football isnt going in the right direction when the people running it couldnt give a ****e about fans?!?!?! :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

tell me about it, makes my ****ing blood boil, is it any wonder football isnt going in the right direction when the people running it couldnt give a ****e about fans?!?!?! :(

While I agree with your sentiments to a certain degree, CL and UEFA Cup money is very important to clubs, especially those that don't receive the wads of it from being a Premiership club. Without all those sponsors etc., that money wouldn't exist.

i'd be quite sure there would be companies falling over themselves to pump money into the CL even without the promise of loads of tickets for the final.

they do it to attach their name to the tournament and all the prestige that goes with that, not to get tickets to the final i dont think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

jeez....i didnt expect this reaction TBH.

As for you ONYD, i am sick to the back teeth of your scandalisation and rumour mongering.
    I find it detestable that you use the fact that a man was murdered after a football match, in what was very possibly an unrelated case, to bring down every single conversation about Rangers and/or celtic on this forum.
    Especially considering you lied about it being a child in the first place.

Now i suggest you go and crawl under the rock you came from.....well tell you when the leagues finished if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Eirebear wrote: »
    As for you ONYD, i am sick to the back teeth of your scandalisation and rumour mongering.
    I find it detestable that you use the fact that a man was murdered after a football match, in what was very possibly an unrelated case, to bring down every single conversation about Rangers and/or celtic on this forum.

you should hear wat he said about liverpool fans....

i wouldnt take anything he says to heart. as far as i can see he has f**ked up principles and a limited sense of decency towards supporters of various popular teams

jeez....i didnt expect this reaction TBH.

Now i suggest you go and crawl under the rock you came from.....well tell you when the leagues finished if you like.

EB, with the greatest respect, you may go and whistle.

To call the actions of a Celtic fan burning pieces of paper, which may or may not be real, 'as low as you can sink' the week after a Celtic fan got murdered by Rangers fans is at best innapropriate and at worst outrageous insensitivity.

You started this thread and then give out when its 'brought down' by a dose of reality is quite frankly unnacceptible.

Jazzy, what did I say about Liverpool that caused such offence and how are my principles being questioned in this context?

Should he have burnt the tickets? Probably not. Is this the lowest football fans have sunk? Do me a favour.

I never called it as low as you could sink.

I simply asked "How low can you sink". In reference to how fans of football teams react when their feircest rivals are enjoying success. I know when Celtic are doing well it brings out a certain feeling in my general mood that isnt usually there when Rangers are doing well.

I stated twice in this thread that it wasnt posted simply because it was a celtic fan burning UEFA Cup tickets, but because i found it interesting that someone would do this rather than sell them on and have a wee holiday on the profits.

I also stated that I didnt actually believe the tickets were real.

But you had to get on your high horse, and once again attack Rangers fans.

So, I'll leave the whistling to you if thats ok?

• Advertisement

Jazzy, what did I say about Liverpool that caused such offence and how are my principles being questioned in this context?

im not gonna say, but i read it before it was removed. ur opinion holds no weight with me watsoever after that. u know wat im talking about

Jazzy wrote: »
    im not gonna say, but i read it before it was removed. ur opinion holds no weight with me watsoever after that. u know wat im talking about

No I don't. I have never had a post removed here. Had a run in or two with the mods, but nothing axed.

I never called it as low as you could sink.

I simply asked "How low can you sink". In reference to how fans of football teams react when their feircest rivals are enjoying success. I know when Celtic are doing well it brings out a certain feeling in my general mood that isnt usually there when Rangers are doing well.

I stated twice in this thread that it wasnt posted simply because it was a celtic fan burning UEFA Cup tickets, but because i found it interesting that someone would do this rather than sell them on and have a wee holiday on the profits.

I also stated that I didnt actually believe the tickets were real.

But you had to get on your high horse, and once again attack Rangers fans.

So, I'll leave the whistling to you if thats ok?

EB, you reacted exactly as hoped for by the pyro Celts.

You then started a thread about how 'low' it was.

I simply put it into context. No-one was attacked.

EB, you reacted exactly as hoped for by the pyro Celts.

You then started a thread about how 'low' it was.

I simply put it into context. No-one was attacked.

Thanks.
    I'm glad you know what i mean when i post....Its nice of you to clarify for the others.

Ive said my piece, ill leave it to other folk to make up their minds.

Im sure there will be other threads for you to bring down to your level this week:D

Shhhh, burning tickets is far worse than murder and singing songs about ethnic cleansing.....

I'm coming to the opinion that there is a generation coming through that have zero experience of live football and the culture associated with it, so they genuinely don't understand the nature of Rangers and their support.

ONYD: any chance of links to these stories of a rangers fan killing someone because of who they supported please, cheers.

It wasn't.

ONYD: any chance of links to these stories of a rangers fan killing someone because of who they supported please, cheers.

Bottom of this article

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with football, no one wearing colours, not at the match, the tabloid newspaper believes the "cops"(?!) think its connected to the old firm match. absolute nonsense.

you need to chill out on the bitterness, Rangers are just like all other clubs, they are not the devil. no more so than Celtic. or Hibs. or Motherwell. or Liverpool. or Utd. or Chelsea. or Leeds. or ... you get the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Meh, Ive chanted far worse at football matches.

Advertisement