Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite form of transport

• 09-05-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

i absolutely love the comet and the pmp-600 is pretty sweet too

what u guys think is the best way to get around liberty city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

cabs, have to say its not my favourite but defo the handiest for when u cant be arsed using the map. other than that im quite fond of the turismo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Brucies Chopper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The Comet is the best car in the game. Allways have 2 parked outside my safe house.

Cabs also , they are a great new addition to GTA just so handy when you want to go meet little jacob,or if your miles away from where you want to go,just set a way point and sit back and relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

romans cab service is a great idea too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Roman's Car Service for laziness.
    There's a car in a showroom somewhere in Algonquin (Lamborghini maybe?). That's fun, and the Comet.

• Advertisement

what is the comet? ive probably driven one but i never look @ the names of the car. is it merc/bmw etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Probably the sea plane*.

*By sea plane I mean Blista Compact :pac:

dublander wrote: »
    what is the comet? ive probably driven one but i never look @ the names of the car. is it merc/bmw etc?

its like a porsche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've yet to actually find a Comet 'in the wild', just that single one that was used on a mission early in the game, so I can't remember too much about how it drove.

My favourite is the Turismo, drives beautifully and it seems to be able to take more damage than the Infernus. And is it just me, or is the camera angle for the Infernus different to other cars? I find myself having to constantly hold the right stick up while driving it to see properly, haven't had that problem with other cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

dublander wrote: »

It's the one that looks a bit like a Porsche 911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is this it ?

4342-gta-iv-race.jpg

Personally I like the Blista Compact (what is that supposed to be) ?

thats it tusky!!

the blista compact is a honda crx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Tusky wrote: »
    Is this it ?

Yeah that's the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'd say it would be the Blista Compact or the racing bike. The bike is cool in online games, team up with someone else for more destruction and they can jump on the back of the bike. Awesome! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

steviec wrote: »
    I've yet to actually find a Comet 'in the wild', just that single one that was used on a mission early in the game, so I can't remember too much about how it drove.

There is a comet on the west side of Algonquin near the pier beside a burger shot.
    Sometimes (rarely enough) there is one parked round the corner from the safehouse in Bohan on the left hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Is there a full list of vehicles in the game anywhere? I've yet to find one.

Some of the high end cars are stupidly rare. I don't know how many times I'd have driven the comet or infernus if I hadn't kept ones from missions. The first time I saw the Aston Martin lookalike was in a mission towards the end of the game and I stupidly took that car out on a mission where I thought I'd be able to drive back home with it at the end of it, and lost it. Haven't seen one since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

In my stats it says fave car is comet. But my fave is the Sabre turbo. I love some of the muscle cars. If you haven't already done it...take a RWD car and do 360 burnout for a minute of two constantly. You'll be surprised by the attention to detail:)

does anyone use the trains much? is there an easy way to locate the entrances to the stations? havnt really looked cuz usually get cabs but just wondering if there is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

In my stats it says fave car is comet. But my fave is the Sabre turbo. I love some of the muscle cars. If you haven't already done it...take a RWD car and do 360 burnout for a minute of two constantly. You'll be surprised by the attention to detail:)

yeah I was surprised by that. I picked up Michelle in a Coquette and did a burnout for a minute or 2 only to have my tires overheat and explode... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Getting a taxi ride is handy but the comet(porshe 911) or the senetial(M3)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

Taaaaaaaxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms182

Yeah Taxi's are so handy!! ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, Taxi's all the way.

Advertisement