Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Master Socket/Splitter

Options
  • 09-05-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get an Eircom Master Socket splitter anywhere? (NTU 2001?) Eircom are putting in Phonewatch and are charging €60 + VAT for the splitter. Somebody said to me to buy it myself, it would be much cheaper. I can't see them anywhere though. Maybe any decent splitter would do but Eircom have said it must be this one or they won't do the install.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Unfortunately, there's very little you can do other than go with what eircom phonewatch are supplying.

The eircom NTU splitter's specifically designed to allow the line to loop in and out and be controlled by the alarm panel.

The filtered line is fed into the alarm, and back to the socket on the NTU again.

There are solutions available like : http://www.hometech.com/techwire/dsl.html

BT style faceplate splitters are not compatible with Irish lines. I've never seen an eircom RJ11 style faceplate on sale anywhere.

I reckon eircom should sell them though, they'd be VERY handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I have a supply on these as I have used them myself. Let me know if you'd like me to check into stock levels for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Brian68GT

I know your last post on this was 2008, but I'm looking for an Eircom Master Socket, mine is giving serious trouble. Got any left?

Brian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't go digging up ancient threads like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement