Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning the Mean Streets??

• 09-05-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

Has anybody managed to get the cleaning the mean streets achievement on gta iv??

it says u have to capture 20 criminals but u can't capture any criminals u just kill em.

I've killed 50 criminals and killed all the top 10 most wanted and haven't gotten the achievement (i didn't use the cheats which would have blocked it before anyone pulls me up on it :p)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I presume that "captured" means killed in this case. I thought it was just the ones that appeared on the Most Wanted list that you had to get though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah i thought that too but i'e completed the 10 most wanteds that are available and nothing...

maybe another 10 appear later on in the game i'll keep checkin the police computer and report back

ah right there's 10 on each island so 30 in total thats it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I killed 20 of the "view current crimes" and I got the "Cleaned the mean streets" achievement.

blah wrote: »
    I killed 20 of the "view current crimes" and I got the "Cleaned the mean streets" achievement.

nice one blah!

yeah i just copped that theres a seperate achievement for the most wanted criminals too.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms182

Yeah I can only do 10 aswel so far :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I've gotten these achievements (well Ive 3 of the most wanted left overall)

You just need to kill 10 criminals via the computer when looking at crimes that are currently happening, like a criminal on foot at xxxxx.
    Just go and run them over or whatever. It counts.
    Doesnt matter what Island.

The most wanted is different on each Island, so yes 30 to get there overall.
    Call Jacob, get armour and stock up on SMG ammo and a couple of hundred rifle rounds and about 4 grenades and you are good to go.

SMG rounds for car chases,
    Rifle rounds for shootouts and Grenades whenever you have a big fortified gang to take out, take out a couple with a nade or two and finish the rest. (Sniper rifle can help a little bit, but can attract police trouble)

When chasing in a car, pump them full of lead, dont think twice about wasting ammo.
    Be sure to release your aim button for faster reloading.
    Let your arm go back in the car then press aim again and you get a full clip. Its a little faster then actually reloading :cool:

Advertisement