Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

leasing a car

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

does anyone on here currently lease or has leased a car for a year... its it a good option compared to buying one? are you resopnsible for servicing costs etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

does anyone on here currently lease or has leased a car for a year... its it a good option compared to buying one? are you resopnsible for servicing costs etc?

I do, I lease a 06 GTI. I think it's a great system, as it gives me no headaches about depreciation and I can decide to buy out the lease, or return the car at the end of the term (3 Years). If idecide to but the car, I know exactly how much it is going to cost me.

You can combine your servicing costs in with the costs of the lease, i decided not too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hobart can you please pass me on some information of who you lease of by pm... and if you dont mind the cost... if you dont wish to share the costs thats ok...

Hobart can you please pass me on some information of who you lease of by pm... and if you dont mind the cost... if you dont wish to share the costs thats ok...

I'll tell you here. It costs me just a tad over €700 per month (inclusive of VAT) and I used http://www.fleetfirst.ie . I have no connection to them or anything, but I did a bit of research and they seemed to come out on top in most categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

who do you lease from?

who do you lease from?
    The lease was arranged through fleet first, the actual finance (I think) is through PTSB. It was simple to arrange, it was all done via email. They delivered the car to my door and I signed the lease agreement with them upon delivery. I had no dealings with any finance company, fleet first do all that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

excellent im considering this more and more..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I wouldn't bother with a 1 year lease - would be very expensive as depreciation in the first year is huge, not as bad in the second year and begins to level off on the 3rd year.

2,3 or 4 years is the way to go, but you will get stung if you hand the car back early.

Also try Benchmark - www.benchmark.ie. They would specialse in personal lease rather than company lease. I don't work for or with then, but did do a lot of business with them last year.

Advertisement