Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Spin - May 10 - Slieve Maan

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:12pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone intersted in a trip down to Slieve Maan on Sunday morning. Myself, Paul and Emty are meeting at 8:30 at Leeson Street Bridge. The plan is to take the N11 down to Rathnew (with a detour through Bray to avoid the motorway) because its probably the quickest way of getting down there. Then we'll head to Rahdrum, Ballinaclash and onto Slieve Maan. After that we'll go straight up the Shay Elliot at Glenmalure. We've then got two options, the first is to go over the Wickow Gap and home via Valleymount and Blessington. The second is go back via Roundwood and Enniskerry.

Option 1 is mapped out here, and option 2 is here. Both are around 150km. While the first option may look harder, I reckon its an easier run back into town once you get the Wicklow Gap out of the way.

Edit: Sunday is of course May 11th, not 10th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

I did wicklow gap last week, and we had planed to do slieve mann too, but we got lost at some point and we finished in hacketstown, then we were so exhausted that we went down to arklow as a local said it would be the fastest way to get to enniskerry from there.

Our car was parked in enniskerry, and i was so demotivated and weak, that we had to take a taxi back. I felt so poor... we still did 125km,

pity i will be in paris this weekend, otherwise i would join you.

Have a nice one

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Wow, sounds like a tough day in the saddle. I'm always paranoid about getting lost down there. I'm nowhere near as familiar with the roads as I would be in North Wicklow.

Advertisement