Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th RIAT Update

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

The 4th RIAT update just out and these are the additions to the line up:

RAF:
    A109E Power 32 (TR) Squadron RAF 90th S

RN:
    Sea King HU5 SAR HMS Gannet SAR Flight Global Engagement S
    Lynx HMA8 815 NAS Global Engagement S
    Jetstream T2 750 NAS Global Engagement S

FAF:
    C-160R Transall TBC Global Engagement SP

GAF:
    UH-1D LTG62 Global Engagement S
    Tornado RECCE AG51 Global Engagement S
    C-160D Transall TBC Global Engagement S
    Airbus A-310 FIBschBMVg Global Engagement S
    AS 532 Cougar FIBschBMVg Global Engagement S

HAF:
    RF-4E Phantom 348 MTA, 110 PM Global Engagement S

Indian AF:
    HAL Dhruv x5 Sarang Helicopter Display Team Global Engagement F

Irish AF:
    CN-235M 101 Squadron Global Engagement S

USAFRC:
    HC-130P 39 RQS, 920 RQW Global Engagement S
    MC-130E Combat Talon 711 SOS, 919 SOG Global Engagement S

KLu:
    F-16 MLU (x2) 322 Squadron *TBC* Global Engagement S

Civilians:
    Extra 400 Bruno Stocker S
    Embraer Legacy Embraer VIP SP
    PC-12 Pilatus Aircraft SP
    DH Vampire T11 Vampire Preservation Group RAF 90th S

US education and training command:
    T-43A Gator 562 FTS Global Engagement S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Seem to be rumours going around that An Osprey and the Mig 29 OVT may be at Farnbourgh, which means that there is a good chance of them being at Fairford. We should know on Tuesday, there is to be a press announcement or something on participants at FI. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Is anyone going to this?

I had been thinking of it. However recent family changes may prevent me going this year. Was wondering how people were getting there.

2 of us were planning of flying to Stanstread and getting picked up by the third who lives in Cambridge then driving down. Should be a 3-4 hour drive.While Birmingham is closer to fly to we thought meeting earlier was better for camaderie and such. ANd at leasat we all know stanstead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Bramble wrote: »
    Is anyone going to this?

I had been thinking of it. However recent family changes may prevent me going this year. Was wondering how people were getting there.

2 of us were planning of flying to Stanstread and getting picked up by the third who lives in Cambridge then driving down. Should be a 3-4 hour drive.While Birmingham is closer to fly to we thought meeting earlier was better for camaderie and such. ANd at leasat we all know stanstead.

Dave (Steyr), myself and my son are going. We are flying from Shannon to Bristol on the Fri and coming back on the Mon. Getting the airport shuttle to Bristol Temple Meads train station and them about 40 mins on the train to Swindon where we will be staying. We will get the shuttle bus out to fairford on both days, its much quicker as they get prority routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

nice one :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

Have the airshows happened yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

RIAT was scheduled for a couple of weeks ago , but due to a waterlogged pitch never took place

Advertisement