Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested on riding on the track?

Options
  • 09-05-2008 12:29pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's an open day tomorrow at the track at Eamonn Ceannt Park on Sundrive Road at 10:30. It's an opportunity to get a coaching session on riding on the track and get a accredited to race. It's free to Cycling Ireland members, including track bike rental, but you can buy a one day license. Full details here.

I'll be doing it myself. Got accredited last year, but never showed up again and reckon its a good idea to do it again as I want to race in the Wednesday evening league.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would actually love to do this but have a First Holy Communion tomorrow morning (not my own.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'd love to try this some time. Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. (I'm going to Blorg's Holy Communion.) Do open days take place there often?
    el tonto wrote: »
    There's an open day tomorrow at the track at Eamonn Ceannt Park on Sundrive Road at 10:30. It's an opportunity to get a coaching session on riding on the track and get a accredited to race. It's free to Cycling Ireland members, including track bike rental, but you can buy a one day license. Full details here.

I'll be doing it myself. Got accredited last year, but never showed up again and reckon its a good idea to do it again as I want to race in the Wednesday evening league.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's another accreditation session the following Saturday, but apparently you it's by appointment only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Awh man, now I'm really tempted by this instead of the usual Saturday run -I've the build more of a sprinter than a hill climber anyway :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've the build more of a sprinter than a hill climber anyway :)

Makes two of us;)

You could come out with us on Sunday and get your long spin in as well.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Makes two of us;)

You could come out with us on Sunday and get your long spin in as well.

That's what I'm thinking, though my finals do start on Monday!

Where exactly is the track anyway, anyone have it on google maps?

Where exactly is the track anyway, anyone have it on google maps?

Here it is.

Excellent, I'll be there... final question is how much is a day membership of Cycling Ireland :)

I actually don't know. They never specified it. I'm sure it's not going to mad expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

blorg wrote: »
    I would actually love to do this but have a First Holy Communion tomorrow morning (not my own.)

Same reason for me.. I was definitely going to go to it, but tis my little brothers communion. They should know it's a communion day!

Anyone know if they're having any more open days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm gonna give it a go too. see you there :pac::pac::pac:.

Advertisement