Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new layout?

• 09-05-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

am i the only one who finds this new layout, well, crap! maybe it just takes some getting used to, but i preferred the old one.maybe im stuck in my ways, i miss you old thread!!:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

it just takes getting used to. I dont think the old one was maintainable either for the moderator PSNI , or for most users. Questions were being repeated the whole time, and some posts got lost when there was a lot of posts going on at once.
    I think it will get very cluttered though when psni does the same to the PSNI recruitment thread. perhaps a seperate forum for GS and PSNI recruitment ...???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

it just takes getting used to. I dont think the old one was maintainable either for the moderator PSNI , or for most users. Questions were being repeated the whole time, and some posts got lost when there was a lot of posts going on at once.
    I think it will get very cluttered though when psni does the same to the PSNI recruitment thread. perhaps a seperate forum for GS and PSNI recruitment ...???

i take your point about repetitiveness and i think gs recruitment should have its own forum, i just had no problems with the new one, there is so many threads it looks laborious! theres like 9! where we managed with 1 up till now! ill stick to my guns, i dont like it!:D

maybe it will grow on me!

What do you reckon psni ? I think it could get seriously cluttered and hard to find the threads with another 6/7 psni recruitment threads.

What do you think about seperate psni and gs recruitment forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

For me the bigger problem is that people might loose interest once they passed the stage. I'E, after passing Apptitude test, they will move to the Interview thread, and stop posting in the Apptitude one. Hopefully it won't happen though.

But overall, i think mods were right to split the thread like that. The main thread was not only repetitive, but it also started to be really overwhelmed With "Congrats" "thanks" and "check your pm" type of messages. It started to be quite frustrating. Something had to be done.

I don't really see the need to create Garda only forum just yet, on the other hand, if it's not too complicated, then why not.

I take your points mate, but I just think once the psni thread is split up, the forum will be all over the place and it'll be pretty messy to look at and find the thread you're interested in.

Sure we'll wait and see!

• Advertisement

The way around it is to subscribe to the threads you are interested in and read them from your CP instead from the forum page.

But you are right, we are just speculating here, time will show how it's working out.

ojewriej wrote: »
    The way around it is to subscribe to the threads you are interested in and read them from your CP instead from the forum page.

whats a CP ? :confused:

Control Panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Can i just say that i don't think there should be a stage 1 thread. wait dont bite yet. Its just that anything of use to people doing the days apart from the location shouldnt really be discussed on t' Interweb.

EDIT: it appears i was ranting about a fictional thread!

EDIT: i retract earlier edit, rant stands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

new layout is alot better imo, lets you discuss the process with people at your stage rather than 20 people having different conversations.

and re reading 10-15 pages a day to check if you got a response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The new layout needed to be done IMO and will work .. but if it gets too cluttered with various fora for both GS and PSNI all in the one area would just get tedious to scroll through.

I first thought OMG :eek: but you know it has grown on me and i find it works better now :)

Advertisement