Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most annoying thing on the road?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

If you werent a pretentious prick, you wouldnt need SUVs

Who said I drove an SUV? Look at my sig you ignorant clown. I drive an Alfa, not an SUV. However I am very glad they exist, and will perhaps buy one someday, just to annoy arrogant twats like yourself that worry too much about what other people do, and hate SUV's for no logical reason other then they are "big" or "dangerous" which is complete bollix.

Off you go in your micra angryman. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Oh God i HATE the fuc.king halfwit, brain dead, blind tosspot wan.kbags who hog the over taking lane. Jesus Christ it makes my blood boil to see it. It's an OVERTAKING LANE you arsefaced fuc.ker! Get the hell out of it if your not over taking. Arrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh and Toyota Yaris car's and those who drive them. I will hunt you all down and destroy you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

shamboo wrote: »
    If it's like this with 2 lanes imagine the carnage when they open 3 lanes on the m50! 2 outside lanes full of twats! Lovely.

In the bits that actually move - it's already full of tw@ts in the 2 outside lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Oh God i HATE the fuc.king halfwit, brain dead, blind tosspot wan.kbags who hog the over taking lane. Jesus Christ it makes my blood boil to see it. It's an OVERTAKING LANE you arsefaced fuc.ker! Get the hell out of it if your not over taking. Arrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+1

The new N2 every morning is hilarious...its like driving on the continent with all the ****wits driving on the right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Michael G wrote: »
    This isn't perhaps relevant to the topic but what is the point indeed! My parents had five of us and would have more if my father hadn't inconsiderately died, my present girlfriend is one of seven and a previous girlfriend was one of ten. Those signs bring out bad thoughts in me, like when I see some forty-something tool on Grafton Street with a sprog strapped to his chest in a designer carrier. Managing to find out how to spawn is not rocket science. They do it all the time in Neilstown and Darndale and they haven't even had a private education. You haven't found a cure for cancer or discovered nuclear fusion. We don't care!

Baby on board signs can be very useful for emergency personel if there is a bad accident. They might not realise a baby is in the car, but the signs alert them that one could be there, and they look for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭veryangryman

astraboy wrote: »
    Who said I drove an SUV? Look at my sig you ignorant clown. I drive an Alfa, not an SUV. However I am very glad they exist, and will perhaps buy one someday, just to annoy arrogant twats like yourself that worry too much about what other people do, and hate SUV's for no logical reason other then they are "big" or "dangerous" which is complete bollix.

Off you go in your micra angryman. :cool:

Who said i drive a Micra? :pac:

You dont have a sig (signature). If you want me to look at your username, then fair enough. However, i fear that you attach too much importance to your car. A car is a means of getting from A to B. Nothing more or less.

Continuing the ignorance theme, ill go straight to your quotes.Y es SUVs are "big". Have you looked at one lately? And they are "dangerous" as anyone whose ever attempted turning with an SUV planted at the side of them will testify to.

Fine for Vans/Lorrys - 99% of the time they are being used necessarily to capacity and transporting goods. Not fine for yummy mummys/small men who like the novelty of feeling big for a short while.

Not to mention the environment, but ill leave that out seeing as my above arguments are more than enough.

Ah thats better ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Who said i drive a Micra? :pac:

You dont have a sig (signature). If you want me to look at your username, then fair enough. However, i fear that you attach too much importance to your car. A car is a means of getting from A to B. Nothing more or less.

Continuing the ignorance theme, ill go straight to your quotes.Y es SUVs are "big". Have you looked at one lately? And they are "dangerous" as anyone whose ever attempted turning with an SUV planted at the side of them will testify to.

Fine for Vans/Lorrys - 99% of the time they are being used necessarily to capacity and transporting goods. Not fine for yummy mummys/small men who like the novelty of feeling big for a short while.

Not to mention the environment, but ill leave that out seeing as my above arguments are more than enough.

Ah thats better ;)

Cars are a lot more then just transport to me, they are a hobby. But fair enough, you just use a car to get to one place from another. The SUV argument will go around in circles, you believe the same tired old retheroic thrown out by all the greenies and anti SUV nuts who clearly don't have a clus what they are on about. A hyundai Santa Fe is not much longer or wider then a new ford mondeo, and certainly takes up less road space then an E class merc. The enviornment argument is rubbish, most SUV's in Ireland run on 2.5/3L turbo d engines which are efficient. The yummy mummy argument is basically social jelousy as far as i can see. Once the car is driven safetly I could'nt care less who drives it, or for what reason.

O and I have a sig, try reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

ignorent selfish pigs who smoke with there kids in the back of the car, window open or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Nissan Almeras. Always crawling along holding up traffic - convinced its on purpose.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

F£ckers who wait to change into 1st gear until the green light,,f£ckers who sit there debating whether its the right colour green,,Pedestrians in town who have a death wish,,,f£ckers who show no courtesy and dont filter,,,oh i could go on and on:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Nissan Almeras. Always crawling along holding up traffic - convinced its on purpose.......

I drive an Almera, and I'm the exception to the rule :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Michael G wrote: »
    Did that once. Sorry. I realised what I had done and learned the lesson.

Perhaps I should have been clearer on the point of letting people out. My problem is not with letting people out of junctions in heavy/stop-start traffic, but in traffic that is flowing well with many gaps to allow people to get out of junctions anyway.

The people that hold up traffic in this instance are obviously not paying attention to their surroundings and it can be frustrating at times to be stuck behind these "good samaritans" for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

BTW I drive an Almera and I don't hold up the traffic. Unless by hold up, you mean not exceeding the speed limit. :)

Off the top of my head, the following things bug the s**t out of me when driving and I'm sure others have mentioned them before.

1. People tiddling along at about 40 or 60 kph when the speed limit is 100 kph

2. When you are driving along on the speed limit and some prick in a BMW, Merc or something else comes zooming up behind you and sits on your tail. They are the one's breaking the law, yet you feel like you are in the wrong. These guys annoy me so much I delibrately take longer to change lanes just to hold them up that bit longer ;)

3. Stupid f***** bimbo's in their Mini Coopers/Land Rovers who are too busy yapping on the phone or trying to look cool to concentrate on driving.

4. People who pass you/other cars at a bad spot on the road or who drive dangerously and cause you to take sudden action to avoid an accident.

5. Boy Racers. They should be unmercifully wiped from existence. End of story.

6. Roundabouts can be a pain. I hate driving them as it can be a bitch to move from the right hand lane into the left hand lane for your exit, especially when people won't let you across. In theory if everyone is driving correctly, it should never happen but its hard when you have two lanes converging into one at an exit, the Tallaght M50 roundabout jumps to mind. The Leopardstown roundabout is also a pain. If you are trying to get out of the South County Business park, bring a ****ing picnic basket. It's the worst place on that roundabout to get out from.

Ahhhhhh, that feels much better now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

Agreed Grandmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

This thread actually reminds me of the worst piece of driving I have ever seen in my life. There were two cars ahead of me heading into a blind corner. This was no ordinary blind corner, it was on a twisty road and not only that, the road dropped down and went around another blind corner immediately, all in the space of about 200 yards. Anyway this prick pulled out and passed the car ahead of me going around the blind corner on the wrong side of the road. To this day I don't think I have ever seen anything as stupid in my life. Mercifully there was no other cars coming, but even Superman with X-ray vision couldn't have known that.

That kind of driving leaves my blood boiling as had there been an accident, it would have been the innocent oncomer who would have received the worst of it, or been killed. While the prick who caused the accident just carries on as if nothing had happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shamboo

2. When you are driving along on the speed limit and some prick in a BMW, Merc or something else comes zooming up behind you and sits on your tail. They are the one's breaking the law, yet you feel like you are in the wrong. These guys annoy me so much I delibrately take longer to change lanes just to hold them up that bit longer

You shouldn't be in the outside lane anyway, it's for over taking not cruising!!!!! It's people like that that cause the tailbacks in the outside lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

BTW I drive an Almera and I don't hold up the traffic. Unless by hold up, you mean not exceeding the speed limit. :)

2. When you are driving along on the speed limit and some prick in a BMW, Merc or something else comes zooming up behind you and sits on your tail. They are the one's breaking the law, yet you feel like you are in the wrong. These guys annoy me so much I delibrately take longer to change lanes just to hold them up that bit longer ;)

No, you are one of those stupid Almera drivers. Get out of the f**king overtaking lane if you're not overtaking.

I've always thought that the vast majority of motorists who do this are either stupid or just plain slow. Its becoming alarmingly obvious to me that a lot of people are actually doing this on purpose. They should be dragged from the car kicking and screaming and horse whipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

Off the top of my head, the following things bug the s**t out of me when driving and I'm sure others have mentioned them before.

1. People tiddling along at about 40 or 60 kph when the speed limit is 100 kph

3. Stupid f***** bimbo's in their Mini Coopers/Land Rovers who are too busy yapping on the phone or trying to look cool to concentrate on driving.

4. People who pass you/other cars at a bad spot on the road or who drive dangerously and cause you to take sudden action to avoid an accident.

5. Boy Racers. They should be unmercifully wiped from existence. End of story.

6. Roundabouts can be a pain. I hate driving them as it can be a bitch to move from the right hand lane into the left hand lane for your exit, especially when people won't let you across. In theory if everyone is driving correctly, it should never happen but its hard when you have two lanes converging into one at an exit, the Tallaght M50 roundabout jumps to mind. The Leopardstown roundabout is also a pain. If you are trying to get out of the South County Business park, bring a ****ing picnic basket. It's the worst place on that roundabout to get out from.

Ahhhhhh, that feels much better now :)

Wow - you make some pretty sweeping generalizations there...

Just a couple of questions / observations:

Why all the swe*ring? Placing an "*" in place of a few letters does not change how the post reads. Fair enough you are venting, but it is not necessary to swear while expressing yourself in this medium.

Re: point 2 - you mention moving lanes, so I presume you are referring to dual carriage way driving. Why are you blocking up the outside lane? It is specifically for overtaking slower moving vehicles, so by cruising in it, you are breaking the rules of the road. It is frustrating when people tailgate - not to mention dangerous - so why would you add to the problem by deliberately taking longer to move? What is it to you if someone else gets done for speeding - it is their problem, not yours. At the time their speeding is a problem to you, you are the one who is in control - just move lanes and getting out of the way because 1) it is the right thing to do and 2) it makes the situation safer for you immediately.

Similar behavior on a single carriageway is way worse, but still, just move in a little to let them pass (if safe) and reduce the risk on the road. I know on many, many roads this is just not possible. In these cases it is tough to decide what to do - carry on and wait to see what they do or pull in to a driveway or something and let them pass? I would probably carry on rather than come to a full stop. There is always the option of taking their reg and reporting them if they are really dangerous. The Gardai will give you the option of letting them have a word with the driver on your behalf or to make it a bit more formal.

Road safety is everyone's responsibility - it is not just the actions of those who you (i.e. whoever is reading this) deem to be wrong that can benefit from 'readjustment'. Each of us could all add to road safety by being a little more rational - i.e. less "this person is getting on my nerves by tailgating on the dual carriage way, so I will act in an equally ignorant manner by staying put" and more "I'll let him / her pass, rather than force them to slow to my speed - hopefully they will be done for speeding further ahead (!!)". Wouldn't you be gutted if you passed a speed trap and the car behind you was saved because you deliberately held them up?!!

Lots of people still use their mobile phones in their cars - not just the people you describe - or is it just that particular 'demographic' that annoys you?

Point 4 is fair comment.

I'm not overly keen on boy racers myself - I used to be one (10 years ago) but now just find their cars kind of ironic (they strive to make them individual by adding what are now pretty common, generic mods. Do not read as 'iconic'!!!). Also, not all of them are terrible drivers. There are plenty divers who act like the stereotypical boy racer on the road who are far from boy racers themselves.

*edit* - just thought about the overall tone of what I just said - I do not condone speeding in any way!! I just think that in certain circumstances, risk can be minimized with rational thinking. If someone wants to blast down the road at 150km/h or is just totally impatient on the road, I do not want to be anywhere near them - hence I let them pass and get on with it. It is the job of the Gardai to discipline them, not other drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

astraboy wrote: »
    Who said I drove an SUV? ....ignorant clown...... However I am very glad they exist, and will perhaps buy one someday:

You may aswell buy one now as you have the personality already.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Oh and Toyota Yaris car's and those who drive them. I will hunt you all down and destroy you:)

I'll be waiting Fozzie. rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement