Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrating 30 Years of Video Games Killing Children

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I remember reading years ago (in Desmond Morris's "Manwatching") that in cults, you can keep prophecying the end of the world and then, when it doesn't arrive on time, your followers will continue to believe that "the time is nigh... just a bit delayed, that's all!"

So yeah, end of civilisation due to videogames is juuuuuuuuuust around the corner.
    Any second now.
    I'm serious!
    Yuuuup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I remember reading years ago (in Desmond Morris's "Manwatching") that in cults, you can keep prophecying the end of the world and then, when it doesn't arrive on time, your followers will continue to believe that "the time is nigh... just a bit delayed, that's all!"

So yeah, end of civilisation due to videogames is juuuuuuuuuust around the corner.
    Any second now.
    I'm serious!
    Yuuuup.

Have you got a newsletter, I find your predictions of my near untimely death intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I love the way politicians exaggerate video games and blame them on murders...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Halo is alot of terrible things, but the cause of thirteen year old boys massacring each other in real life is not one of them.

Which is a damn shame, it'd make Xbox live bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Halo is alot of terrible things, but the cause of thirteen year old boys massacring each other in real life is not one of them.

Which is a damn shame, it'd make Xbox live bearable.

Agree!

• Advertisement
Advertisement