Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most hated anime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Given its immense popularity, with the record for most copies sold of a single domestic volume (2,630,000) and 140,000,000 volumes sold in total, it is quite clear that its popularity has substantialy exceeded the overly-simple pidgeon hole of "younger teen".
    ... young-to-middle teens of both sexes?

Presumably this is in Japan where it was kinda uncensored...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Given its immense popularity, with the record for most copies sold of a single domestic volume (2,630,000) and 140,000,000 volumes sold in total, it is quite clear that its popularity has substantialy exceeded the overly-simple pidgeon hole of "younger teen".
    It's a kids show, no need to be offended by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ... young-to-middle teens of both sexes?

Presumably this is in Japan where it was kinda uncensored...

That is what "domestic" means.
    CuLT wrote: »

Firstly, I am not offended by your comments. It would be quite ludicrous, extreme and above all illogical, to take a comment on a TV show as a personal offront to one's person.

Secondly, I would argue that a show is defined by its audience. "One Piece", has both veiwingship and readership numbers to suggest that it is watched on a substantial level by a broad range of ages, enough to mean that it cannot be defined by its majority readership, which is likely to be "young teens", thus meaning it transcends labels such as "kids show".

Thirdly, if you are about to argue that the content, such as fan service, shonen style action and themes, is designed in a way to appeal only to "young adults", meaning that it is thus a young adult show, then save yourself the bother. There are plenty of issues and themes, such as self-mutilation, suicide and political corruption to suggest that it’s designed to be enjoyed by a larger audience than that. These "adult" themes prove that is designed with more than the stated in audience in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

3x3 Eyes - pure gold.

One Piece, gave it a ten episode test to get past the irritating animation style and obnoxious protagonist, it didn't change. I know it's popular, presumably in the younger teen bracket.
    Might I suggest you try an issue or two of the Manga?

I watched a few episodes of the anime, and hated it. It was annoying, irritating, I felt it was badly animated and I just didn't like it.

The manga, however, I found to be really quite entertaining. But then I've only read the first three volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Zionyde wrote: »
    I may or may not get slated for this one, but I've gotta say that I think Fist Of The North star was utter garbage.

*slates you*

Try to fail less. You probably only saw the movie too.

What was that? I'm handsome?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Porco Rosso is an abomination to the Ghibli name!!!!!

Most Americanime doesn't float my boat..............:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

owlwink wrote: »
    Porco Rosso is an abomination to the Ghibli name!!!!!

Most Americanime doesn't float my boat..............:rolleyes:

Screw you! Porco Rosso it a piece of pure brilliance.

Screw you! Porco Rosso it a piece of pure brilliance.

Well you truely are the last angry man. :p

Yup. Utter garbage. A group of us sat through that just laughing at the ****ness. Legend of the Overfiend is not 'mature' animation at all - it is just pointless, needlessly offensive and muddled. Awful stuff.

I would have to disagree with you on Urotsukidoji. The reason why the films appear all scrambled is because they are made out of pieces of the more complete Japanese collection. Some of the scenes in it are responsible for the dev of more contemporary Japanese anime. I was watching a documentary and many famous anime directors looked at urotsukidoji for inspiration. It pushed new boundaries and even though it is dated and the American release version is a complete mess, I would still appreciate its presence in the anime community. Look up some info on the creator and you will realise what a powerful role he played in freeing the constraints of an incredibly bound society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

And guys, don't be dissing Yu-Gi-Oh. After all, without it we wouldn't have the Abridged Series :D(same goes for Naruto!)

I have to say im very fond of yu-gi-oh, I generally fast forward the duels, 20 mins of card playing is bit much. I never watched it properly until i saw the abridged version, but now i cant get enough! Hurrah for Dan Green!

as for hating... Yu-gi-oh GX is pretty annoying, though that might be just the english dub.

• Advertisement

Yu-gi-oh GX definitely worth a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Silent Loser

Yu-Gi-Oh, the American dub.

:eek:

Avoid it as well. And Yu-Gi-Oh: GX...

*sniggers*

What a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,834 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was really let down by Tales from Earthsea. Waited two hours for something to happen and then the film ended. I've never wanted to turn off a ghibli film half way through. Actually had to force myself to watch it until the end.

Let's just hope Miyazaki refuses to let Goro make any more films :)

And as I have said elsewhere, the first chapter of the Overfiend series is actually very good. You just need to watch it in it's unedited OAV form and not that early 90s MANGA video spliced together rubbish.

Also, +1 for Elfen Lied being brilliant. I really don't know how anyone could dislike that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Just watched 'school days' (out of boredom) ... what a peice of garbage! basically I kept watching for the payoff of having the extrememly annoying main character murdered :) which was satisfying.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Just watched 'school days' (out of boredom) ... what a peice of garbage! basically I kept watching for the payoff of having the extrememly annoying main character murdered :) which was satisfying.

That anime was brilliant. How the hell was that kid such a pimp?

That anime was brilliant. How the hell was that kid such a pimp?

It has its moments, I laughed for all the wrong reasons like when at one point suddenly he's sleeping with 4 or 5 different girls and having threesomes... the final episode was awesome, he had to die.

robby^5 wrote: »
    It has its moments, I laughed for all the wrong reasons like when at one point suddenly he's sleeping with 4 or 5 different girls and having threesomes... the final episode was awesome, he had to die.

He was a huge dick head no question but the girls were all crazy :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lorcrezkaze

My first post :)

Urotsukidoji is awful to watch, Its always been my most hated,

Its whole 'story' could have been better crammed into in 15-minute hentai vid. Which would probably have been be more appealing !

I actually used to hate Ultimate Teacher'' but now its one of my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 82,489 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the only Yugioh i understand thats worth watching is Yugioh: the Abridged Version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Dragonball Z! Watched it once... What a joke!
    Hahaha I knew I would see this come up, I wouldn't say I hated it, because as a kid I grew up with it so I have some fond memories.

As for my most hated? Well that's a hard one, probably Flame of Recca, it may not of been bad but I couldn't get into it and as a result it put me off anime for a long time.

• Advertisement

Hahaha I knew I would see this come up, I wouldn't say I hated it, because as a kid I grew up with it so I have some fond memories.

Always an anime king for me:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

I grew up loving anime.....dont shot at me *bang*:pfor saying this but i could sit ll day watching beyblade and tenchi!! The tenchi characters had me in bits laughing!:D i also liked rave master but the book was way better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I grew up loving anime.....dont shot at me *bang*:pfor saying this but i could sit ll day watching beyblade and tenchi!! The tenchi characters had me in bits laughing!:D i also liked rave master but the book was way better
    Don't worry, I won't laugh, when I was about 13 I "in love" with Ryoko from tenchi.

Don't worry, I won't laugh, when I was about 13 I "in love" with Ryoko from tenchi.

oh i went tru something like that tho...except with kai:p

silly little fan girls haha:pac:

ps.she kickd ass tho! especially ayekas!!!

oh i went tru something like that tho...except with kai:p

silly little fan girls haha:pac:

ps.she kickd ass tho! especially ayekas!!!
    Everyone secretly loved Misty from Pokemon, be honest..:D:D:D:D;)

i use ta love gary actually!!!! oh god the memories !!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,489 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

owlwink wrote: »
    Everyone secretly loved Misty from Pokemon, be honest..:D:D:D:D;)

oh yeah, :pac: that girl spawned a whole new generation of hentai enthusiasts

Misty... i'd hit that... WITH MAH POKE BALLS

Oh and as far as hating an anime, Beyblade (if it even counts) annoyed the **** out of me, just looked so bad ans got in the way of yu gi oh which I watched many a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

i use ta love gary actually!!!! oh god the memories !!!!:pac:
    garyoakkz6.jpg

:D i don't think alot of other people did though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jonniboy

I dunno... I innocently sat down to watch Urotsukidoji one day and couldn't actually manage to watch the whole thing though! F**king sick!!!

Advertisement