Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most hated anime

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (something like "Rumbling hearts, Eternity that you long for). I'll watch almost any type of anime, but this was god-awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

kaki wrote: »
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (something like "Rumbling hearts, Eternity that you long for). I'll watch lamost any type of anime, but this was god-awful.

doubtful, that's one of the higher rated shows in that genre. I think you'll find a lot that you would hate if you took the time to look. Like School Days or Kanon. The former being truly terrible. What anime do you like anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

DingChavez wrote: »
    doubtful, that's one of the higher rated shows in that genre. I think you'll find a lot that you would hate if you took the time to look. Like School Days or Kanon. The former being truly terrible. What anime do you like anyway?

School days is good stuff if you watch it all in one sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jonniboy

My favourite series are Naruto and DBZ but my favourite movie is probably Ninja Scroll.. Akira.. i like most of the ghibli stuff too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Maybe I was being a bit harsh. I liked it visually alright, the serenity of the settings was cool. I guess I'm just more used to the more masculine series, like Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach, and it was strange to see anime deal completely with relationships. And Hayase and Haruka's characters seemed so needy, and dependent... I'm probably just uncultured, conditioned to Western values :(

My real love is Studio Ghibli though. I've seen them all, except Porco Rosso and the newest one, Tales from Earthsea. In fact, I only saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind today for the first time. I think it's amazing. Although, the "Most Hated Anime" thread probably isn't the best place for this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Naruto. Naruto. And also Naruto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Moneymaker wrote: »

I'll 4th that Naruto...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Naruto myself, but to be honest there seems to be a trend of the "hardcore" anime fans randomly hating animes because lots of other people like them.

DBZ and Naruto are two perfect examples.

Okay, so I wouldn't watch DBZ now a days, but when I was a kid it was the most kick ass show on TV, and the only one I take time out to sit down and watch.

I'm not a fan of Naruto myself, but to be honest there seems to be a trend of the "hardcore" anime fans randomly hating animes because lots of other people like them.

DBZ and Naruto are two perfect examples.

Okay, so I wouldn't watch DBZ now a days, but when I was a kid it was the most kick ass show on TV, and the only one I take time out to sit down and watch.

I am still a big DBZ fan, I just find Naruto really boring:(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,489 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DBZ demands being cut down to half its size. Theres so much useless talking and reused clips its enough to drive you mad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Well, at least it's over and done with. Naruto's getting pretty close to the end as well...or so I think.

matthew26 wrote: »
    Well, at least it's over and done with. Naruto's getting pretty close to the end as well...or so I think.

Don't count your chickens yet on Naruto ending :confused: I would agree on downsizing DBZ, still gotta love it though..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I liked the Naruto storyline but the fillers were dire! Same goes for Bleach.

But my least favourite anime has to be Beck. i dont like English being forcd into anime and Beck did it a lot and badly.

:D
    fitz0 wrote: »
    I liked the Naruto storyline but the fillers were dire! Same goes for Bleach.

But my least favourite anime has to be Beck. i dont like English being forcd into anime and Beck did it a lot and badly.

The learn Japanese. That's really the only other option. I'm sure if you looked around though you could find it with english subtitles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

owlwink wrote: »
    :D

The learn Japanese. That's really the only other option. I'm sure if you looked around though you could find it with english subtitles....

I think you misunderstood. Its in Japanese w/ subs but the characters keep switching to english mid sentence. Its about music and the music is mostly in english. I know its what happens in Japan a lot but I think it was done very awkwardly in Beck

fitz0 wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood. Its in Japanese w/ subs but the characters keep switching to english mid sentence. Its about music and the music is mostly in english. I know its what happens in Japan a lot but I think it was done very awkwardly in Beck

Aw right I see. In that case I would agree, young man...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I enjoyed the 'extreme' nature of Urotsukidoji when I saw it years ago. I definately appreciate it for pushing the boundaries of what is deemed acceptable in polite society.

My most hated anime is probably one I randomly chose from Laser, called 'Ultimate Teacher'.
    UltimateTeacher.jpg

It goes for 'zany comedy' but constantly falls flat on its face. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it at the time. I thought Dragon Half was a much better anime in that genre.

Also, I didn't particularly enjoy Roujin-Z or the original Appleseed... send your hate mail to the Sea of Dirac. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Zionyde wrote: »
    I may or may not get slated for this one, but I've gotta say that I think Fist Of The North star was utter garbage.
    *slates you*

Try to fail less. You probably only saw the movie too.

*triple inverses the slate (old school)*

but iirc (aitid).... the movie really is the only part worth watching! Not that the rest is bad but... really? Is there any part of the story, that's not in the movie, that you could claim to be "missing out on"?

(hate mail, as above)

Fnz wrote: »
    *triple inverses the slate (old school)*

but iirc (aitid).... the movie really is the only part worth watching! Not that the rest is bad but... really? Is there any part of the story, that's not in the movie, that you could claim to be "missing out on"?

(hate mail, as above)

Same issue seems to arise with alot of anime:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Im watching urotsukidoji at the moment, jsut coz i heard it was f***ed up. Im quite enjoying it. Not bad at all, but i can see how some people just would not want to watch some of the scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dynastygal

Sister Princess...apart from One Piece, it's the only other anime series I couldn't continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

In regards to 'most hated', I don't think I've seen an exceptionally bad one. Several I disliked, but none I'd put down as the 'crappiest'. Generic harems and fan-service ladden shows bug me.

I didn't really like Kaiji. But then again, I've only seen about half the series, so I don't think I'm entitled to make a comment about it. Will eventually go back to it to see if it develops into the amazing anime people state it to be. Plus, I don't know how to play any card games, so sitting through half a series of it was quite a pain, and majorly confusing. Reminded me of a bunch of homeless old men sitting on a cruise ship docked in the harbor, playing bridge.

I only laughed out loud once in Lucky Star, and even then, it was a light giggle. There were a few parts I found amusing at the time. The fan bases for it annoy me more then anything, though. On side of the fence there are the people who've most likely haven't watched past the first few episodes, saying, 'OH, **** SUX, RAKI SUTA MOE FOOD ANIMU', and then the others are like, 'woah, revolutionary! I get all the references, this is awesome!'.
    I'm not on either, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Kaiji was pure win. If you can appreciate the psychological aspect of the show then its great.

Advertisement