Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Dealers VIP "nights"

Options
  • 09-05-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

last week i got a VIP invite to a BMW dealership, doesn't matter who it is, as i suspect a lot of dealers are doing it.

the invite said that they will pass on the VRT savings that will be made in july to there 2nd hand cars in the yard now and give more savings/discounts on motor tax etc. and that i (along with other VIPs (ya right)) will get first look at the current stock before this weekend.

This sounds like one last effort to shift cars on the yard before July VRT kicks in and people start to trade in there 05/06/07 cars and flood the yards of the dealers.

my question is should i go and get bombarded by salesman or wait till July/Aug when 2nd hand prices level out and dealers are more desperate to sell 2nd hand cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

No harm going along to see what's on offer. I'd doubt a main BMW dealer will be giving too much away.

I owned two BMWs in the past. One second hand and one bought new. They hold their value great until you actually go to trade them in;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

I would go out of interest if you've nothing else on that night.

Take a notebook an take some reg's along with some prices. Then go back in July and see if there's any sort of change in price!!!

If you've nothing else to do that is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Will there be free food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

javaboy wrote: »
    Will there be free food?

Thats the first thing i would ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

javaboy wrote: »
    Will there be free food?

Usually is for new car launches (mmm, cocktail sausages) so don't see why not for very special "VIP's". Normally there is also free wine which I never get - most people are driving there afterall. If you are going take a designated driver to take advantage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement