Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statues in dublin windows...???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

irishbird wrote: »

I always thought, those statues were some sort of wife swapping symbol "look my wife is naked waiting for your" type thing. dorset street and finglas seem to be covered in them

Now that I think of it, your right.

Clanbrasil St. is just as bad too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Mairt wrote: »
    Took a photo of this monsterosity in Finglas south this evening, it has it all - AND MORE!..

Statues in every window, roman pillars and whatever 'da fook those coloured bricks are called!..

attachment.php?attachmentid=55856&stc=1&d=1210475802
    THE LADIES LOUNGE.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There is (or was) a house on the SCR near James' hospital which had a big fook off statue of the virgin Mary in the window, now that would be a photo worth taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Putting myself up for a serious bashing here, but how and ever.....

I am a victim of the lady statue.... I have 3... Living room, front bedroom and landing.... Bought them in the plaster shop on Parnell Street...

I actually went looking for them *oh the shame* However, I really like them.. Its hard to find suitable ornaments that look good from both the outside and inside to fit on your window sills...

Now before the bashing starts Its a matter of personal taste... I wouldn't ever go as extreme as that house in Finglas wow thats awful, however someone has spent alot of money to get their home like that and probably take great pride in it...

anyways back to the topic...

I love my ladies... question to all, what do you have in your windows...?

Ps. mairt are ya sure thats finglas, looks like the top of poppintree to me... near the round about..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

flynnc8 wrote: »

Old newspapers... last weeks Indian take out.... my cat... etc...

Actually... I'll try and snap the house across the road from my office tomorrow... It's pretty damn over the top... they even have a large golden fountain in the front garden.

• Advertisement

ha ha lol...

curries and newspapers..... or..... lady statues

hummmmm let me see...

lady statues,,,, everytime lol... ;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Maybe we could have a 'Worse house in Dublin' photos thread!..

Just put my camera in my bag, doubt i'll beat your one but I'm going to try and at least equal it:p:D

Putting myself up for a serious bashing here, but how and ever.....

Now before the bashing starts Its a matter of personal taste.

Ps. mairt are ya sure thats finglas, looks like the top of poppintree to me... near the round about..
    Good on ye Flynner if you like'm then that's good enough.
    I've a rocket ship mobile (1metre long) that I made with my daughter, during the winter, hanging in window of apartment.
    P.S I coulda sworn that house was in poppintree too. Somewhere around Balbutcher road on way to Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

OH I can't believe it. An answer.
    IT is just bad taste afterall!

Slightly disappointed.....

humberklog wrote: »
    P.S I coulda sworn that house was in poppintree too. Somewhere around Balbutcher road on way to Finglas.

Yup thats the one... Just on the Cornor at the Roundabout.... its definitley that house i've walked by it a million times going from my mams in Poppo to my old apartment in Cityside...

maybe its mairts house, I know she's a Poppohead... Just afraid to admit it... lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭WEST

I was sure that house was on Talka valley road, there's a house very like it there.

WEST wrote: »
    I was sure that house was on Talka valley road, there's a house very like it there.

Thats because its........ Oh why bother :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its just an old Dublin thing thats coming back. In the 70s and 80s every council house had one of these in the windows.

A house in Arbour Hill with the statues with painted gold shroud.

Bad photo, but I think you'll all 'get the picture' ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=56179&stc=1&d=1210938981

:o

OH that's hideous (in a beautiful example kind of way)

egan007 wrote: »
    OH that's hideous (in a beautiful example kind of way)
    That painted golden shroud sets it off nicely against the net curtain back drop.

Hey Mairt you shoulda got the guy with the Robin Reliant (painted in Dukes of Hazard colours) to park up outside that gaff.

That painted golden shroud sets it off nicely against the net curtain back drop.

Hey Mairt you shoulda got the guy with the Robin Reliant (painted in Dukes of Hazard colours) to park up outside that gaff.

Damn my mistake, the photo is at Montpalier (spelling) gardens, opposite O'Devany gardens. But there's a few house's on the Arbour Hill side where that car is parked.

I couldn't get a decent photo without putting my life at risk!.

Damn my mistake, the photo is at Montpalier (spelling) gardens, opposite O'Devany gardens. But there's a few house's on the Arbour Hill side where that car is parked.

I couldn't get a decent photo without putting my life at risk!.
    Yeah I took it that it was Montpelier hill and ignored the arbour hill as I'd been looking at house last few days wondering if someone would snap it. Nothing wrong with around there...safe as.
    A got a few photos of the car with my daughter in it. Just asked the guy and it was no prob. My daughter's name is Daisy so I think he was taken with the idea of Daisy Duke.

They should start one of those Open top bus tours....

egan007 wrote: »
    They should start one of those Open top bus tours....
    Cut the roof off a route 77 and hey presto!

• Advertisement

Cut the roof off a route 77 and hey presto!

I'm sure you would not be short of volunteers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Ah now I like the gold real nice its a bit different.Live and let live :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Dyflin wrote: »
    There is (or was) a house on the SCR near James' hospital which had a big fook off statue of the virgin Mary in the window, now that would be a photo worth taking.

There's one at the junction of St Laurences Road & Ballyfermot Rd with a HUGE FLOODLIT Virgin Mary in the top window. It's a bit freaky at night. Smaller VMs in the other windows too I think.

Piccie tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

WEST wrote: »

It's Kippure Park, which you pass by on the TVR

Yup thats the one... Just on the Cornor at the Roundabout.... its definitley that house i've walked by it a million times going from my mams in Poppo to my old apartment in Cityside...

maybe its mairts house, I know she's a Poppohead... Just afraid to admit it... lol...

Next time you walk past it to your Ma's ask yourself ... "Flynner, where the fvck is that house gone"...

Next time you walk past it to your Ma's ask yourself ... "Flynner, where the fvck is that house gone"...

My apologises Mairt... Your picture has proven me wrong...

My apologises Mairt... Your picture has proven me wrong...

Plus, I'm also a bloke!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Dyflin wrote: »
    There's a perfectly simple reason for the statue, the house is/was an office of the Legion of Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Mairt how are you spotting these, are you a Taxi driver?

• Advertisement

Cocoon wrote: »
    Mairt how are you spotting these, are you a Taxi driver?

No.

Advertisement