Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Insurance Question

• 09-05-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Probably won't need this, but hypothetically
    Where can you get insurance to cover over 6000m?
    Or even 4000 to 6000m?

The nomads insurance says it covers mountaineering but there's the dreaded * and nowhere can I find what conditions this * implies.

Also, do you need special insurance for going to Antarctica? I assume so....so any ideas where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 derryos

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    Probably won't need this, but hypothetically
    Where can you get insurance to cover over 6000m?
    Or even 4000 to 6000m?

The nomads insurance says it covers mountaineering but there's the dreaded * and nowhere can I find what conditions this * implies.

Also, do you need special insurance for going to Antarctica? I assume so....so any ideas where?

Hi there,

I went to Antarctica with GAP a year ago and rang AIG (i think). They charged me an extra 20 stg. (most antarctic tour companies require insurance that allows helicopter lifts in case of emergency).

As regards altitude, it depends on the activity. If you around 5,000 - 5,500 (e.g. bolivia) and not doing anything, then i guess standard insurance would cover; doing activities, it would normally be implicit in the activity. The big question is the T and C's as only mountaineering insurance like BMC/snowcard covers sending trained people up after you if weather does not allow an easy get out!

Advertisement