Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhattan opening, how long?

• 09-05-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

I've done about 20-25% of the game with 28 or so missions completed. Do I have much further to go to get to Manhattan. Getting fairly bored with the rest of the areas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

not too much further. Have you got to stage when you have moved to the 2nd safehouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Just take a Hummer or Rangerover or something tough across the pedestrian/railway bridge in the middle and prepare for 6 stars and a hell of a chase around Manhattan. Not perfect but at least you get to see it!! :D Central Park is sweet too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I used the hummer for that achievement. By the time it was unlocked I was running on three rims and fishtailing all over the place:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tonyh8su

Sounds to me like this man is about 2 missions away from where he wants me be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Can we expect any new vehicles in Manhattan, or is it the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

New stuff! Like all GTAs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

the game gets about a gazillion times better once you reach algonquin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Is there much worth seeing on the third island?
    Now that I've got the helicoptors, tall buildings, subway etc, I haven't got much motivation to get to the third island any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's the Pulaski Skyway, whatever the game calls it. Massive elevated highway system as seen in The Sopranos :) There's also a prison and a load of industrial sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Blisterman wrote: »
    Now that I've got the helicoptors, tall buildings, subway etc, I haven't got much motivation to get to the third island any time soon.

not interested in the story at all?

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    There's the Pulaski Skyway, whatever the game calls it. Massive elevated highway system as seen in The Sopranos :) There's also a prison and a load of industrial sites.
    Pulaski:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The mission you do before you unlock the third island is prob the best and most athmospheric mission in any game ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

RAIN wrote: »
    The mission you do before you unlock the third island is prob the best and most athmospheric mission in any game ever.

I loved that mission.I kept on getting myself killed to play the mission over and over again

Stephen wrote: »
    huh?
    Officer Pulaski....coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Officer Pulaski....coincidence?
    Yes!!!! Incase you didn't notice he's on about a real bridge in New Jersey,not a police officer in SA!!!

I know...hence the :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

joe123 wrote: »
    not interested in the story at all?

Well, of course, eventually.

Once I get tired of driving fast, shooting guns, killing cops, flying helicoptors etc. Could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Well, of course, eventually.

Once I get tired of driving fast, shooting guns, killing cops, flying helicoptors etc. Could be a while.

cant wait til im able to do all this :D

Advertisement