Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Hypothetical" question

Options
  • 09-05-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hypothetically... ahem... If you knew of someone who had received a house through affordable housing, lived in it for about 6 months and then rented it out, what would be the implications?

Just to clarify, this person has rented out the entire house and they're no longer living there, so it doesn't come under the rent-a-room scheme.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The contract with the council would state that they have to live there as their principal residence.

If it were me, I'd contact the Housing Dept. and make them aware of this abuse, there are many many people on the housing list in the country without people taking advantage of the system like this.
    I don';t know the implications of what would happen though.
    Is this in Galway by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

No, it's in Dublin. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement