Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are they metal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ZakAttak wrote: »
    "We built this city on Rock and Roll" by 'Starship'

or

"Jump" by 'Van Halen'

I would argue that "Jump" is the worst of these 2 songs;
    thats how much I hate Van Halen. The Keyboard solo/bridge in Jump (which is preceded by one of the most horrific guitar solos you'll ever hear) is what edges out "we built this city...".

my dear jaysus that starship group i wouldnt class as hairmetal:eek: neither europe , they just had the look they didnt have the sound.

i totally agree with you about those songs they make kix light my fuse(i actually thought they were a piss take:D:D) sound like ****ing reign in blood.

i really think that you have the proper hairmetal and the posers mixed up.

as i said if it gets played on fm104 its ****e............jump by van halen, unskinny bop by poison, we built this city,nothing else matters by metallica, sweet child etc all total ****E.

van halen are great though, to be big you have to have radio songs!!
    if you read the crue autobiography nikki sixx says that they had to put these radio friendly songs on to please the record company.

but yes i agree with starship being aload of donkey cum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

damonjewel wrote: »
    Wow you really hate Van Halen if you think Starship are better, well then you'll love this clip.

Apparently the synths were set on the wrong midi speed meaning the guitars were way out of tune with it

Hilarious

RATFLMAO still better than We build this city though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

"They've just got the wrong bit. They think that being fast and loud is the whole thing and it isn't. The guitar solos are not really difficult for a guitar player, it's just playing scales. To feel a solo and bend into it & I mean Hendrix is the best guitarist you've ever seen in your life. And he learned from people like Buddy Guy, Lightnin' Hopkins and people like that inspired Hendrix. To be influenced by something, you're gonna have to play it the same."

-Lemmy on hairmetal. (A.K.A. 'God')

Lemmy could just as easily have been talking about these 'real' metal you like. It holds just as true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

HI folks, can anyone tell me how to post clips from you tube? (yes ive logged in) ive sent clips to friends but id like to be able to do it here without the whole 'you have a message from blah' etc clogging up everything.Ive a great METAL clip 2 show ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

its easy enough, get a you tube link that you like, I'm using speed king by deep purple here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0rAP87B7UA

you need to get the code number after the v= which I have highlighted above in bold italics

insert it inside

[youtube#]code in here[#/youtube] now i have added # symbols just demonstrate remove them

and voila

• Advertisement

Even more convenient is the youtube tag button second from the right on the tool bar of the reply panel:

get the id from youtube like:
    Y_i_HVBD9ks

copy it into the reply panel and highlight it with your mouse. Click the youtube button and the tags magically appear wrapped around the id as so*
    [YOUTUBE*]Y_i_HVBD9ks[/YOUTUBE*]

resulting in

what a time to be alive:)

*again the * is for demo purposes only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

"So you like metal? Bon Jovi and Guns 'n' Roses, eh!!
    (nudge, nudge, air guitar shapes)"
    " (Grrrrr). Metal, yes. What music do you like?"
    "I like pop."
    "Pop. Ah yes. Bon Jovi and Guns 'n' Roses!! (nudge, nudge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Who nerded-up this thread?

Who nerded-up this thread?

Yes, an ability to use basic discussion board enhancements and the sharing of such know how marks us out as nerds. Going by your previous posts you could not be described as a nerd. For those reasons:rolleyes:

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Yes, an ability to use basic discussion board enhancements and the sharing of such know how marks us out as nerds. Going by your previous posts you could not be described as a nerd. For those reasons:rolleyes:

==>I discussed interesting topics such as what is and isn't metal, not 'how to set up a you tube link'.
    Why do you think I care about 'basic discussion board enhancements'?

• Advertisement

==>I discussed interesting topics such as what is and isn't metal, not 'how to set up a you tube link'.

Its not all about you Zak - although at least you've learned how to use quotes:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

It's Zak's thread. He's entitled to raise his sword and cut out invaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

hyn-zie wrote: »
    I suppose your another Motley Crue fan who thinks they are the best thing since slice bread, c@ck-rock that sold over 20 million albums on their debut!!!!! Appetite happens to be nominated every year in any top album charts . . . . . . . . but i'd say you have good taste alri!!!!!

Eh no. For want of overuse of the exclamation mark (LOL!!!!!!!!!! etc) my tastes are far heavier besides what the f*ck do you know about my tastes? Look, every pie-ball,jock and their gay dog loves G'n'R. Because they're "safe". And besides, it's just one album. Out of how many? For it's singles alone. I.just.dont.get.what.they.jay-azz.is.all.about.

djScarey wrote: »
    It's Zak's thread. He's entitled to raise his sword and cut out invaders.

Ooh err! Put it away Zak!

no you showed everybody your ignorance to metal genres, and a inability to seperate the real hairmetal format from the fake manufactured format.
    then just discussed what you think is **** and what is good..............in fact i think ou just discussed everything that is **** not what you find good.......................probably says it all tbh.:)

lol its very true about GnR, every spiceboy and oompah loompa likes them because they are "safe" and nobody will tell them they have a **** music taste(****ing insecure gob****es), its these morons that cause the appetite album to be still successful, that ad the fact its 50% cheaper than any other motley album or most other albums.

kona wrote: »
    no you showed everybody your ignorance to metal genres, and a inability to seperate the real hairmetal format from the fake manufactured format.
    then just discussed what you think is **** and what is good..............in fact i think ou just discussed everything that is **** not what you find good.......................probably says it all tbh.:)

==> all hairmetal was manufactured.

Lemmy could just as easily have been talking about these 'real' metal you like. It holds just as true.

Yeah, thats true- however, I think its more applicable to crap metal.

==> all hairmetal was manufactured.

motley crue is as manufactured as metallica, megadeth and slayer:p:D:confused:

kix and poison are manufactured

motley crue is as manufactured as metallica, megadeth and slayer:p:D:confused:

==>You're just joking aren't you? Although some of Megadeth's later stuff kinda was.

kix and poison are manufactured

==>They're just as bad as Def Leprosy.

==>They're just as bad as Def Leprosy.

who slayer or metallica?

black album is as more manufactured than the case it comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

This thread is going southwards quickly, although I feel a roundabout ahead when we have 4 pages of oh yes it is.......oh no it isnt.

oh yes it is...............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

Thanks for the tips, think ive done it, god after all that i hope this comes out right. This is metal as far as im concerned.

Very metal, GrewSome:pac: Pretty good, I really like the drummers style, very light touch while whacking at many things as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Very metal, GrewSome:pac: Pretty good, I really like the drummers style, very light touch while whacking at many things as possible

Nice stuff, brilliant druming reminiscent of Ian Paice, jazzy and brisk but super tight, worth being a nerd to see that. However whats with the duck tape on the guitars top strings, he should have bought himself a bass :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

sorry I know this is off topic...........but if you wanted to know who/where that comes from (I'm sure you do already, but y'know......er........y'know)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Niger_Within

This is the second time someone has nerded up this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Renholder

FFS ZakAttack, if a metal blog isn't up for 'nerding up' as you call it then what the f**k is? BTW thanks for the links folks I've now been introduced to a great, metal? as in, what is metal? band

Renholder wrote: »
    FFS ZakAttack, if a metal blog isn't up for 'nerding up' as you call it then what the f**k is? BTW thanks for the links folks I've now been introduced to a great, metal? as in, what is metal? band

==>Stop banging on about geeky computer stuff, I think theres a seperate forum for all that sh1te on this website somewhere.

Heres how I see it-

"Punk was heavy metal played by people who didn't know how to play their instruments, Heavy Metal was punk played by people who did know how to play their instruments"

Listen to Discharge!!! (Hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing)

• Advertisement

Listen to Discharge!!! (Hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing)

we have:rolleyes:

just yours is of the anal variety.:p

Advertisement