Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1st yr Hist High Middle Ages/Making of Europe

• 09-05-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

what is everyone studying for this exam?

Black death, Avignon, what else?

I'm thinking of going for these two as well as 12/13th century...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Crusades and the Black Death should cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wreckreational

crusades, yeah?
    did the lecturer give any clues I cant remember what he said in the last lecture except that there was a small hint about the Black Death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Whatever ye do, dont do the Crusades or Investiture. We were told that they arent coming up, as they were essay topics. Most tutors said Black Death is coming up, and constitutes most marks for the exam, so definately look at that one well.

As for the first half of the module, I'm doing Normans & Heresy moreso, but will quickly look at others too, just incase.

yeah, i did the Investiture essay so knew that wasnt coming up. was going to have a look at Normans alright - Heresy and Normans both came up last year according to the past papers, dont know whether this make it more or less likely that they'll come up again...

also, sorry to post again but what percentage was the essay worth? i had thought it was 20% but someone said to me recently that is was 30%. anyone know for sure?

• Advertisement

yeah, i did the Investiture essay so knew that wasnt coming up. was going to have a look at Normans alright - Heresy and Normans both came up last year according to the past papers, dont know whether this make it more or less likely that they'll come up again...

Crap, didnt know they came up last year. I'll do something else aswell then...so now I'm off studying myself for it!

Mushy, you're wrong. The Crusades were not an essay topic. Investiture controversy and the 12th Century renaissance were the topics.

do you know the essay percentage, dmigsy?

20%, I think.

dmigsy wrote: »
    Mushy, you're wrong. The Crusades were not an essay topic. Investiture controversy and the 12th Century renaissance were the topics.

Whoah, cheers, thanks for that! Thought it was Crusades and Investiture. Ah sure Crusades will definately come up then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

There wasn't a past paper last year, I did this course last year and it was entirely essay based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Brimmy wrote: »
    There wasn't a past paper last year, I did this course last year and it was entirely essay based.

I did it last year and there was an exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I did it last year and there was an exam.

Well now I'm just losing my mind :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

If you passed that module you must have written the best damn essays ever seen.

Advertisement